• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Warning: Not a Rave Review of the BMW R1200RT

Just frustrating that he is comparing 2 VERY different motorcycles each with their own strong points. Both nice bike just different.

Funny when I bought my first BMW I owned a Yamaha Royal Star which was very much like the Road King. And I was buying a BMW (R1100RT) because it WAS different. Better handling and better in the mountains! I loved them both but there was no comparison because they have very different personalities. One can never replace the other.
Yes, I've had 5 Harleys and a Buell. I won't say anything bad about Harleys -- now some of the people that ride them . . . well . . . best left unsaid.

I sometimes miss my 2008 FatBoy.

Yes, I've had 5 Harleys and a Buell. I won't say anything bad about Harleys -- now some of the people that ride them . . . well . . . best left unsaid.

I sometimes miss my 2008 FatBoy.

You can say that about any group of riders!

I have had BMW riders give me a hard time when I was riding my Harley. Sport bike riders, same deal.

I few years back I stopped for fuel and there was a handful of BMW riders there. I walked up to a small group of them and mentioned I was interested in buying a BMW, nice bikes. Pretty much just a blank stare from the group, a couple of short comments. Then I asked where they were riding too. Then one of the riders told me to get on my POS Harley and leave the real riders alone! It really made me want to go buy a BMW if this was the riders attitude! Plus at the time I was riding 15,000-20,000+ miles a year so I was not your bar hopper rider.

I have long since figured out there is A-holes where ever you look and what they are riding has little to do with it. If any BMW riders showed up with the group of HD riders I hang with you would be invited to ride along with. There may be some light hearted ribbing going on, but most of my group doesn't care what you ride. I have ridden my RT on HOG rides!

Back