Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 136 to 144 of 144

Thread: Warning: Not a Rave Review of the BMW R1200RT

  1. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Somehow, this thread has begun to smell like a troll came out from under the bridge, cast a line, and hooked a fair number of fish...



    DG
    Yep.


  2. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Somehow, this thread has begun to smell like a troll came out from under the bridge, cast a line, and hooked a fair number of fish...



    DG
    I kinda felt that way from the start!

  3. #138
    Registered User pappy35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Collierville, TN
    Posts
    351
    ...can someone recommend a good way to get a fish hook out of my mouth? Hurts like hell and t's starting to smell bad!

    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

  4. #139
    Registered User 75450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    SW USA
    Posts
    236
    I didn't think that the OP was a troll. Except for his closing remark, "I'd have to conclude Harley's 1800 ccs would be blowing away BMW's 1200 ccs.", I thought he was just a disgruntled BMW owner, not happy with his dealership, not happy with the performance and the amount he paid for his 2015 R1200RT. Maybe he will come back and defend himself.
    2000 K1200RS, 2004 R1100S
    2005 K1200S, 2016 F800GT
    2018 R9T, 2018 C650GT

  5. #140
    Registered User gsinnc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by 75450 View Post
    I didn't think that the OP was a troll. Except for his closing remark, "I'd have to conclude Harley's 1800 ccs would be blowing away BMW's 1200 ccs.", I thought he was just a disgruntled BMW owner, not happy with his dealership, not happy with the performance and the amount he paid for his 2015 R1200RT. Maybe he will come back and defend himself.
    Just frustrating that he is comparing 2 VERY different motorcycles each with their own strong points. Both nice bike just different.

    Funny when I bought my first BMW I owned a Yamaha Royal Star which was very much like the Road King. And I was buying a BMW (R1100RT) because it WAS different. Better handling and better in the mountains! I loved them both but there was no comparison because they have very different personalities. One can never replace the other.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

  6. #141
    Registered User 75450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    SW USA
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    Just frustrating that he is comparing 2 VERY different motorcycles each with their own strong points. Both nice bike just different.

    Funny when I bought my first BMW I owned a Yamaha Royal Star which was very much like the Road King. And I was buying a BMW (R1100RT) because it WAS different. Better handling and better in the mountains! I loved them both but there was no comparison because they have very different personalities. One can never replace the other.
    Yes, I've had 5 Harleys and a Buell. I won't say anything bad about Harleys -- now some of the people that ride them . . . well . . . best left unsaid.

    I sometimes miss my 2008 FatBoy.
    2000 K1200RS, 2004 R1100S
    2005 K1200S, 2016 F800GT
    2018 R9T, 2018 C650GT

  7. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by 75450 View Post
    Yes, I've had 5 Harleys and a Buell. I won't say anything bad about Harleys -- now some of the people that ride them . . . well . . . best left unsaid.

    I sometimes miss my 2008 FatBoy.
    You can say that about any group of riders!

    I have had BMW riders give me a hard time when I was riding my Harley. Sport bike riders, same deal.

    I few years back I stopped for fuel and there was a handful of BMW riders there. I walked up to a small group of them and mentioned I was interested in buying a BMW, nice bikes. Pretty much just a blank stare from the group, a couple of short comments. Then I asked where they were riding too. Then one of the riders told me to get on my POS Harley and leave the real riders alone! It really made me want to go buy a BMW if this was the riders attitude! Plus at the time I was riding 15,000-20,000+ miles a year so I was not your bar hopper rider.

    I have long since figured out there is A-holes where ever you look and what they are riding has little to do with it. If any BMW riders showed up with the group of HD riders I hang with you would be invited to ride along with. There may be some light hearted ribbing going on, but most of my group doesn't care what you ride. I have ridden my RT on HOG rides!

  8. #143
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    13,749






    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  9. #144
    Registered User LFarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    You can say that about any group of riders!

    I have had BMW riders give me a hard time when I was riding my Harley. Sport bike riders, same deal.

    I few years back I stopped for fuel and there was a handful of BMW riders there. I walked up to a small group of them and mentioned I was interested in buying a BMW, nice bikes. Pretty much just a blank stare from the group, a couple of short comments. Then I asked where they were riding too. Then one of the riders told me to get on my POS Harley and leave the real riders alone! It really made me want to go buy a BMW if this was the riders attitude! Plus at the time I was riding 15,000-20,000+ miles a year so I was not your bar hopper rider.

    I have long since figured out there is A-holes where ever you look and what they are riding has little to do with it. If any BMW riders showed up with the group of HD riders I hang with you would be invited to ride along with. There may be some light hearted ribbing going on, but most of my group doesn't care what you ride. I have ridden my RT on HOG rides!
    My 85 year old father in law is a Blue Night. And his vest is Blue as it is many years old and the original and you do not see very many these days. Him on his RT and me on my GS do many rides a year to support the Blue Nights and they are 90-95% Harley's. This Saturday we will ride 4 hours to do a 170 mile ride in Pittsburgh and then ride 4 hours home. We will probably be 1/2 precenters on our BMW's

    I do not get any rider fussing at another rider over bike brand other then in jest. They really are not riders but as stated A__Holes.
    Lee
    2017.5 R 1200 GSW

Similar Threads

  1. Review: Aerofllow Windshield R1200RT
    By allhisanyway in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-11-2019, 02:52 PM
  2. My 2014 R1200RT Review
    By hammerheadnc in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 02:44 PM
  3. A Garmin Rave
    By JDOCKERY132445 in forum Campfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 07:56 PM
  4. Oil Warning '05 R1200RT
    By bkwags in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 02:05 PM
  5. Review of 2011 R1200RT
    By 31310 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •