• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2003 K1200GT - Brake warning, ABS shutdown

Zero bucks except some shop material of electrical cleaner and electric connector grease. A 10mm wrench is getting a lot of use.

I saved off DG's chart of flash codes for future reference. Mine code was Gen OFF Brake light 4 Hz indicating all systems kaput.

I also found my Plan B if needed (buy a parts bike). Same cost as a $3k ABS controller. Unreal the deterioration of bike values.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/d/chicago-bmw-k1200gt-blue-2004/6859709245.html

Last edited:
Update from GS-911 diagnostic tool company. I told them about the brake light micro switch not fully touched before starting the bike. And who come there isn't a Fault code seen on the GS911. Their response:

" Hi John

Thank you for your extensive detailed description of your experience.

I believe the reason for you not receiving a fault code, is that the device believes that ABS has been disabled deliberately, thus not responding with a fault code.

The best course of action here that I can suggest, is check the real time values for the controller in both the above mentioned scenarios. This will allow you to see the values of the rear brake switch when working correctly and not. You can then proceed to adjust the lever to be at a starting position according to the working value of your tests. To make this a bit easier to identify, you could engage the brake lever while viewing real time values to establish how adjustments should be made.

| Please let me know if any of the above is unclear or if I misunderstood any of your points.

Kind regards
Ruan"

Nice folks. True, I can see in RealTime mode various actions, brake on and off, front brake one and off. Just no fault code while the brake warning light is flashing at 4hz No GEN with no booster or abs. Still a good tool to see what switches are being identified and active with a touch to each. A person just had to get lucky and dig deeper.

Zero bucks except some shop material of electrical cleaner and electric connector grease. A 10mm wrench is getting a lot of use.

I saved off DG's chart of flash codes for future reference. Mine code was Gen OFF Brake light 4 Hz indicating all systems kaput.

I also found my Plan B if needed (buy a parts bike). Same cost as a $3k ABS controller. Unreal the deterioration of bike values.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/d/chicago-bmw-k1200gt-blue-2004/6859709245.html

Yeah, under $3k for a GT with 45k miles! Cheapest I've seen them to date. A lot of bike for the money.

Back