• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150R Fuel tank vent and drain hoses

bthreatt

Last year after replacing the fuel filter I also had to clean out the drain line as it was corroded clogged. When I put it back together, I was sure to send the drain hose to ground (I could blow air through the hose and it came out the hole in the top of tank under the cap). Now, though, the tank builds up pressure. It never did this before, and I think the hoses were switched from when I bought it as I always marked them when I changed a filter. SO, the question is, is there a diagram of the hoses on the charcoal filter so I can check that they are correct? I think either the charcoal filter is clogged, or hoses are not correct on it causing the pressure buildup. Is there any reason or issue with running the vent hose to the ground as well as the drain? Any other suggestions?

The drain at tank filler def goes to ground, the one inside tank goes to canister if there.When cap closed I do not think fuel can get to the top drainhole, so not venting tank. The in tank vent can cause the issues.

An old thread from Internet BMW Riders with rough sketch

http://www.ibmwr.org/original/r-tech/oilheads/cannister_horn.shtml#Cannisterectomy Parts

You tube Chris Harris video , colorful commentary . :brow

https://youtu.be/H907BjGC0Pc

I neither condone nor disapprove of this procedure :whistle

Also, at bottom of page will be some Similar Threads

Removed the canister and when air is blown through either outer fitting it comes out the other, but the middle fitting is corroded and clogged.

Back