Thread: Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Lodge and Campground

Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Lodge and Campground

Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge

For my motorcycle community friends, for the past 15 years I have had a very close friendship and customer relationship with Ironhorse Motorycle Lodge in WNC. The owners, John and Charlene Powell have been amazing in the development of a first class resort for motorcycle enthusiasts. The long time staff have been not only friends…. but family. I’m sure a lot of the guests have felt the same. Randy, the former manager was as close as a brother, Charlene, Pam and Charity like sisters. Many new friendships with work campers and numerous friendships with guests.

John and Charlene have supported me with much help with annual Eldridge Children Home benefit providing food and labor to help feed the attendees and much support to the mission of the home and its kids. Plus untold support to other organizations and charities.

Since I have endorsed Ironhorse Lodge for years and hosted many groups ( MTF, Spring Training Camp, BMW groups and Friends gathering) seminars in Garmin BaseCamp and other events I feel that I need to disclose that as of 2019 the Ownership has changed. I wish the new owners the best and same success as the previous owners.

The new owners have some “very large boots to fill” and I wish them the best. Is this an endorsement for the new owners? NO.

They will have to prove themselves to the many fans of Ironhorse Lodge and earn the respect and admiration that the customer base has become accustomed too in years past. Should they keep the present staff and management in place they will have no problem to continue without missing a beat.

Best wishes to John and Charlene Powell in your next step in life….enjoy the well-deserved retirement.
    MOA Ambassador, Member of AL, GA and Chattanooga Clubs, MTF Gold member and BOD.
    2011 R1200 GSA with DMC sidecar; G650GS.
    My annual charity event: http://www.echbenefit.com/
    " Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"

I stayed there a couple of years ago and was treated to a warm and friendly welcome. Charlene was most kind and whipped up a late supper for me which was greatly appreciated that day. Happy retirement to them we'll see what the new owners bring to the table.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Rally Rat

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I can't find 'WNC' in my road atlas?

I googled it, Western Nevada College
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar
    I had no idea! Stayed there many times. We have a V Strom rally there next month. I will have to make sure there is no problems coming from the changes......

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    I googled it, Western Nevada College

You would never find it there! Near Deals Gap and Cherahola Skyway

http://ironhorsenc.com/

Things change...I always give the new guys taking over a business a chance and a break as they are not the comfortable slippers you are used to...but still do the job well.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

I think WNC=Western North Carolina.

2018 R1200GSA (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ohh, Like West Virginia.
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    Ohh, Like West Virginia.
    Sort of....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Iron Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
    Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge

For my motorcycle community friends, for the past 15 years I have had a very close friendship and customer relationship with Ironhorse Motorycle Lodge in WNC. The owners, John and Charlene Powell have been amazing in the development of a first class resort for motorcycle enthusiasts. The long time staff have been not only friends…. but family. I’m sure a lot of the guests have felt the same. Randy, the former manager was as close as a brother, Charlene, Pam and Charity like sisters. Many new friendships with work campers and numerous friendships with guests.

John and Charlene have supported me with much help with annual Eldridge Children Home benefit providing food and labor to help feed the attendees and much support to the mission of the home and its kids. Plus untold support to other organizations and charities.

Since I have endorsed Ironhorse Lodge for years and hosted many groups ( MTF, Spring Training Camp, BMW groups and Friends gathering) seminars in Garmin BaseCamp and other events I feel that I need to disclose that as of 2019 the Ownership has changed. I wish the new owners the best and same success as the previous owners.

The new owners have some “very large boots to fill” and I wish them the best. Is this an endorsement for the new owners? NO.

They will have to prove themselves to the many fans of Ironhorse Lodge and earn the respect and admiration that the customer base has become accustomed too in years past. Should they keep the present staff and management in place they will have no problem to continue without missing a beat.

Best wishes to John and Charlene Powell in your next step in life….enjoy the well-deserved retirement.
    We had a few of our R90s rally's there and the owners always went above and beyond to take care of us. One of my favorite places to camp.