• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Moto Photos needed - for a fundraiser

deilenberger

A bozo on the bus
Folks - the four NJ BMW clubs are working together on a fundraiser for two prostate cancer foundations. It's being done in memory of a member (Harold Gantz - a longtime MOA member) who passed away from prostate cancer (aka PCa) last August. The fundraiser will happen this August. As things evolve more info on it will be revealed.. here and elsewhere.

I'm looking for photos to use for posters/handouts/magazine ads to publicize the event. I've found ones I like on places like Shutterstock - but in a quest to keep our funds going where we think they'll do some good - I'm hesitant to pay for photos when there are SO many great ones taken by members of this forum.

The first one I'm looking for is to be used as the background for the following poster. It will be reproduced poster size, handout size and probably will appear in several publications. The following ad was created using a BIGSTOCK background photo - I'd like to use your photo. First the ad:

Fundraiser Handout-Poster9.jpg

The requirements:
  • - Light going to dark top to bottom
  • - Monochromatic image - not black and white - but almost (there is a bit of color in the sky of the image used on this sample.)
  • - Fairly dark overall
  • - Showing riding in bad weather - preferrably from a riders perspective (if viewed without the text and brightness bumped up - there are moto instruments and bars as the bottom of the sample photo.. not necessary, but nice.)
  • - Fairly high resolution (2048 horizontal or better) - it may be blown up to poster size - it doesn't all have to be in focus, and actually it's probably desireable if it isn't since it's less distracting to the message that way, but it has to be able to be enlarged without pixels showing or jaggies.
  • - Portrait format - or a a landscape format that a portrait image can be snipped out of.

We will need all and unlimited reproduction rights to the photo. You can hold copyright, and possibly we can include a small semi-transparent watermark on the photo identifying the photographer if desired.

If this works out well, I'll undoubtably be back for some more photos for other promotional materials. The link in the sample is not yet active. Our organization "NJ Ride for the Cure" is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, we've received a bit of seed money from another organization, and our hope is for every dollar we get to go to research for the CURE. More on the event will be forthcoming - but the date is firm (rain date the week after), so if you're in the region you can mark it on your calendar.

That's the challenge! Lets see what you've got. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Please post up lower-res versions of what you can share with us - and I'll be in touch directly to people who've submitted photos I think we can use.

Thanks,

Don Eilenberger (Chair, NJ Ride for the Cure)

ed2f5becaf3ce1342370b358fdff7b25.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brian - thanks MUCH! I love it.. you have my email address - possibly could you send me the uncropped version? (I should be good to about 1.5mb file size..) That bike looks sorta familiar somehow.. :)

Don

Back