Thread: emissions removal 1992 r100r

emissions removal 1992 r100r

greetings
    i have asked this question before but i am not really on board with the advice i got
    i just got done removing all of the solenoids and fuel line stuff under the starter cover and i have everything buttoned up nicely,however there is a ground wire that was tied to the cover and ran up near the ignition module. there are a few other wires that were grounded to the backbone of the frame ,connected to mounting screws for the module bracket. i figured that is fairly unlikely that it was a ground strap for the module to tie the frame to the motor being that it was such a light gage wire and that it was tied to the starter cover and not directly to the motor. hoping that it something to do with the solenoid stuff. i have removed it but have not fired up the bike yet. i have read through a lot material dealing with the removal of the emissions system could not find any mention of the ground wire.
    thoughts?

Leave all of the grounds alone. If the hoses are properly routed or removed the ground wires are not material.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/