• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where do you hang helmet on k1600 b when bags full

captaindon

I have a new 2019 bmwk1600B and love it. Just wondered where you like to place your helmet when parked if bags are full. I am hanging it on the right rear view mirror but not sure it will support it over time.. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have a new 2019 bmwk1600B and love it. Just wondered where you like to place your helmet when parked if bags are full. I am hanging it on the right rear view mirror but not sure it will support it over time.. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I seriously doubt the mirror will collapse due to the weight of a helmet. However, it is very possible to damage a helmet liner stuck on a mirror. On all of my bikes I hang the helmet on the right side footpeg. I usually just put it there but can cable lock it if I sense that I need to.

Lidlok is the way to go
Installed on my 1200gs, 1600gt and 1200RT
Replaces bar ends, I installed 2 on RT so pillion has a lock also

Jim

lidlock

I agree. I put the Lidlox on my 2018 K1600GTL and they work very well when we have not other option. It is a small price for a little peace of mind when not wanting to drag your helmet around with you.

Ron

I don't have your bike but a coated, combination bicycle lock through the pillion's right grab handle, works on both my bikes. Run the cable through the helmet, out the visor, lock it and then leave the helmet on either the seat or on the pannier.

If I'm only leaving the bike for a few moments (and within sight), like Paul, I use the foot peg.

Back