• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1st Rally !

bart802

I'm at 1 year of BMW ownership, I bought a left over 2016 R1200RS last year.
Loving it ! But have been riding for over 45 years and have loved most of the bikes..
My point is , I registered for the Rally my 1st ! Really looking forward to it !
Maybe some other 1st time BMWMOA rally riders will say Hi here also.
:wave

I'm feeling your excitement Mark! Your first BMW... AND the National same year doesn't get any better.

The RS is a great way to arrive also: can you camp off that?

Welcome to the MOA and I hope to see you in Tennessee, don't be late to the party... probably not likely on the RS!

"travel'n" john

Welcome to the family, Mark! At the rally you'll get a First Timer button. Be sure to wear it so others can welcome you and show you the ropes.

Pete

I'm signed up as well and this will be my first as well. I was signed up for last year but my trip was unexpectedly cut short. Looking forward to doing a little volunteering and doing a couple of presentations about Newfoundland.

Welcome Mark from a couple RS owners.
We're registered for the rally and you may spot our plates there.

P1040097.JPG

Welcome from another first timer. I have been riding a BMW since '08 (cruiser,) but bought my first RT this January. Now, the wife and I are all set to do some touring together. As luck would have it, the National is close enough for us to attend (coming from NE Atlanta area.) :wave

Cheers!

As newbies to our rally, don't forget to visit the Volunteers' Table to see if there is an activity with which you can help. :thumb

Volunteering is a sure fire way to meet people who can expand your circle of friends at this and future rallies! :dance

This will be a first MOA Rally for my wife and me. Getting excited here, too. Hopefully it warms up UP here to get some ride time in beforehand.

I'm at 1 year of BMW ownership, I bought a left over 2016 R1200RS last year.
Loving it ! But have been riding for over 45 years and have loved most of the bikes..
My point is , I registered for the Rally my 1st ! Really looking forward to it !
Maybe some other 1st time BMWMOA rally riders will say Hi here also.
:wave

When you get to Lebanon and check into the Rally, be sure to let them know this is your first. You get a free beer!

Welcome to the MOA!
DC

Glad to hear about so many first time rally attendees! I am betting you'll have a great time and meet a bunch of new friends. OK, so maybe I am a little partial but the location this year is another great one indeed. A spectacular part of the country that offers great riding opportunities and a rally that will be packed with lots of fun stuff to see and do. From the 100+ vendors, the over 100 seminars, great music, training, great food and this year the Fiddler's Grove interpretive area...trust me there will be plenty to do! You will also witness first hand the work of the hundreds of volunteers it takes to put this party on!

Ride safe everyone and we look forward to seeing you at the "Boogie!"

Awesome

To all our new members and first time rally goers, thank you. We always love seeing new blood at our events. Make sure you hit up the ambassador booth for your free beer token. This will be my fourth rally in a row, it gets better every year, and this year is going to be phenomenal.

This will be my first MOA rally and I couldn’t be more excited. I have a local rally later this month that should serve as a nice “shake down” camping trip. See everyone in TN!

It will be my first one as well. Also, my first long trip. I bought a K1600 a couple of months ago. MY wife will be coming, but she's not sure if she's riding or driving her truck. Her back was hurting after the 2 hour ride we did a month ago.

It will be my first one as well. Also, my first long trip. I bought a K1600 a couple of months ago. MY wife will be coming, but she's not sure if she's riding or driving her truck. Her back was hurting after the 2 hour ride we did a month ago.

Awesome seeing all these first timers! Welcome!

Sounds like some training rides are in order. Just as a rider can't hop on the bike and ride 1000 miles in absolute comfort...a pillion also requires some break-in time in the saddle.

my 8th MOA Rally

Welcome to all first timers! This will be my 8th MOA National Rally since 2005, and it always gets me excited to attend! I love seeking out the first timer buttons asking about their impressions! These rallies are like drinking from a fire hose! So much to do! Enjoy!

Mark

No no no, the firehose is definitely the Dakar thread every year on ADV. To the point that it is affectionately known as the F5irehose. That tends to go off the hook!

I'm afraid you've lost a many of us with that reference material.

We still have a few Curve Cowboy folks, but the GS Giant crowd just got pissed off (at MOA) and departed.

"travel'n" john

Back