Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1st Rally !

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    I'm afraid you've lost a many of us with that reference material.

We still have a few Curve Cowboy folks, but the GS Giant crowd just got pissed off (at MOA) and departed.

"travel'n" john
    OK John, MAD DOG here, Beer Garden Chair for those of you that don't know. Going to wade into the swamp again. Can you give me a reason that the GS Giant crowd has "departed"?
    Might be able to offer some insight, or not, depending on the issue' Just curious
    MAD DOG 2019 Beer Garden Chair

For you 1st timers! An easy group to volunteer for is the bike wash. Ez-pez. Great chair couple too!

My first Rally as well.

Trailering (don't scoff) from Tyler, Texas Thursday. My '19 R Nine T is certainly capable of making trip but not sure if I'm up to it. Really looking forward to good time.

Quote Originally Posted by dacran View Post
    Trailering (don't scoff) from Tyler, Texas Thursday. My '19 R Nine T is certainly capable of making trip but not sure if I'm up to it. Really looking forward to good time.
    It doesn't matter how you get there, just show up and have fun.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Cool !
    Glad you are coming up !
    Welcome from this newbie ..
    Ride Well, Mark
    BMWMOA #215490, BMWRA #44275
    2016 BMW R1200RS,2013 KTM 250 XCFW
    some previous bikes, 2014 Suzuki 1000 V Strom, KTM SMT 990, Suzuki DR650, Triumph ST1050

Come on up! As others have said, get there any way you can. Youll find a great group of like minded folks having a great time. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you at the Boogie!
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"

Cool First time for me too.

First time BMW owner (R1250GS HP) first rally. Only had the bike about a month. Joined BMW MOA and saw the National Rally mentioned and it's only about 550mi. away so thought I would check it out. Looking forward to the fun.

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Lightbulb

Welcome to the Club! Your in for a treat, bringing a new bike to your first MOA... thats for certain.

And since your only one month into this gig your credit card may not know when/why to jump out!

That will come quite shortly after this Rally... where you can idea search.

Make sure you identify yourself as a first timer at check-in... it proves to be refreshing.

"travel'n" John

Day passes?

I was hoping to make my first MOA rally for a day on Friday. It's only 130+ miles away so I figured a quick day trip was in order. However, with work and a funeral service to attend on Saturday, only Friday is available for my schedule. Is there any way they will allow me a day pass on Friday?

From what I've read, day passes are only issued for Saturday. Is this set in stone?

It's going to be my first rally too. Heading out in the morning from central AL.

Going to do the deep dive too...camping on the grounds, taking my second training course (Authority School...did an MOA class at the BMW Performance School last fall, already set up to volunteer (and looking for some more opportunities) and staying through Sunday. Really looking forward to it. Spent the weekend doing maintenance (and synching my throttles...maybe I can find someone to go through the process with me to make sure I'm doing it right!) and getting the gear ready. It looks like the weather is going to be as close to perfect as possible. I am so ready to leave.

Done 4500 kms in the last 5 days on my way there, see you tomorrow after the Tail of the Dragon.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Another first time attendee to the MOA Rally as well. Unfortunately, I'm not there until Thursday but I'm considering either coming a bit early Wednesday night or staying Saturday night as it sounds like a great time. I definitely DO NOT need ideas but I'm going to seek them out anyway. Meeting some local MOA'ers at a dinner Friday night and really looking forward to hanging out at the Beer Garden (I hope they've got Uber so I can get to and from the hotel from the rally) and riding some roads in the area.

We're first-timers as well. Coming from Cincinnati Thursday. Haven't done any rallies before so the anticipation is high. Plus, my wife and I haven't had much time away for awhile so we're looking forward to it. See y'all Thursday!

First Timers, Too

Wife and I are travelling to the rally from southwestern Indiana on Thursday. It's a pretty short ride, but we want to see what this rally stuff is all about. Hoteling it in Mt Juliet, so I too, am hoping for UBER availability to take full advantage of the beer garden.

We are really looking forward to the festivities.

I'm trailering as well, but I can't ride two at a time! My first BMW MOA rally!
    trailer k1600b RNineT.jpg
    2016 R NineT classic
    2018 K 1600 Bagger