• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1st Rally !

If I attend it will be my first. I was going to bring my son for GEARS, but he's wrapping up school and didn't want to miss. I will likely trailer the bike and ride into the Rally site from the parking lot. Questions:

1. Can I register as a walk/drive/ride up?
2. Can I park my bike next to my tent or nearby?
3. Other than my tent stuff, what do I need to bring for "camping"? Cooler?
4. I guess during the day you do seminars and group rides? I've never done a group ride of more than two people. Are there "chill" groups? I've been on many car fun runs that got out of hand.
5. What else does a n00b need to know so as not to look like a total n00b (despite the button)?

If I attend it will be my first. I was going to bring my son for GEARS, but he's wrapping up school and didn't want to miss. I will likely trailer the bike and ride into the Rally site from the parking lot. Questions:

1. Can I register as a walk/drive/ride up?
2. Can I park my bike next to my tent or nearby?
3. Other than my tent stuff, what do I need to bring for "camping"? Cooler?
4. I guess during the day you do seminars and group rides? I've never done a group ride of more than two people. Are there "chill" groups? I've been on many car fun runs that got out of hand.
5. What else does a n00b need to know so as not to look like a total n00b (despite the button)?

1. You can pay at the gate.
2. In most cases you can park your bike near your tent. You can't park your truck in the tent camping area.
3. Since you have room a coooler would be handy.
4. I don't believe they organize group rides other than the BMW test rides.

R65 Steve

Just show up and have a good time sir. In the MOA being a noob is completely painless. When members find out this is your first rally, you will be welcomed with open arms and many free beers. It is our sincere desire to make you feel welcome. Anything you need just ask someone, they will trip over each other to help you.

Biergarten volunteers

To all of you wonderful first-timers, may I first welcome you. And secondly, to get fully immersed in the rally, why not volunteer for a shift at the beer garden? I see many repeaters over the years. It truly is an experience. You can sign up at moa2019volunteers@gmail.com.

Jim MAD DOG Faucher
2019BG chair
Lebanon, TN:drink

OP here, good to see other 1st rally goers chirp in here ! There must be more !
It just keeps getting better , free beer ticket !
Hope the weather here decides to break so I can start getting in some miles, lot of rain and cold temps yet..

This first timer did volunteer for some beer garden assistance. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of nice folks. Cheers!

It's a clan gathering. Bring some 'credit' on your credit cards. You'll see stuff U didn't know U needed. U might drink a couple of draft beers TOO!

It Is a Grown-ups' Camp-Out.
A Good Time Will Be Had... :thumb

Ciao, HSV-Phil + HSV-Karen

Free Beer

When you get to Lebanon and check into the Rally, be sure to let them know this is your first. You get a free beer!

Welcome to the MOA!
DC

The beer thing is just the icing on the cake. You'll realize that you've joined the largest extended family that you're ever going to find!

I'm afraid you've lost a many of us with that reference material.

We still have a few Curve Cowboy folks, but the GS Giant crowd just got pissed off (at MOA) and departed.

"travel'n" john

OK John, MAD DOG here, Beer Garden Chair for those of you that don't know. Going to wade into the swamp again. Can you give me a reason that the GS Giant crowd has "departed"?
Might be able to offer some insight, or not, depending on the issue' Just curious
MAD DOG 2019 Beer Garden Chair:drink

For you 1st timers! An easy group to volunteer for is the bike wash. Ez-pez. :dance Great chair couple too!

My first Rally as well.

Trailering (don't scoff) from Tyler, Texas Thursday. My '19 R Nine T is certainly capable of making trip but not sure if I'm up to it. Really looking forward to good time.

Trailering (don't scoff) from Tyler, Texas Thursday. My '19 R Nine T is certainly capable of making trip but not sure if I'm up to it. Really looking forward to good time.

It doesn't matter how you get there, just show up and have fun.
Welcome to the forum.

Cool !
Glad you are coming up !
Welcome from this newbie ..

Come on up! As others have said, get there any way you can. You’ll find a great group of like minded folks having a great time. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you at the Boogie!

First time for me too.

First time BMW owner (R1250GS HP) first rally. Only had the bike about a month. Joined BMW MOA and saw the National Rally mentioned and it's only about 550mi. away so thought I would check it out. Looking forward to the fun.

Welcome to the Club! Your in for a treat, bringing a new bike to your first MOA... thats for certain.

And since your only one month into this gig your credit card may not know when/why to jump out!

That will come quite shortly after this Rally... where you can idea search.

Make sure you identify yourself as a first timer at check-in... it proves to be refreshing.

"travel'n" John

Day passes?

I was hoping to make my first MOA rally for a day on Friday. It's only 130+ miles away so I figured a quick day trip was in order. However, with work and a funeral service to attend on Saturday, only Friday is available for my schedule. Is there any way they will allow me a day pass on Friday?

From what I've read, day passes are only issued for Saturday. Is this set in stone?

It's going to be my first rally too. Heading out in the morning from central AL.

Going to do the deep dive too...camping on the grounds, taking my second training course (Authority School...did an MOA class at the BMW Performance School last fall, already set up to volunteer (and looking for some more opportunities) and staying through Sunday. Really looking forward to it. Spent the weekend doing maintenance (and synching my throttles...maybe I can find someone to go through the process with me to make sure I'm doing it right!) and getting the gear ready. It looks like the weather is going to be as close to perfect as possible. I am so ready to leave.

Back