Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Welcome Center- Memphis

Hagy's Catfish Hotel Restaurant

Yes, I had the catfish dinner here several times back when the RAMS Rally was here. I liked it. If your a BMW rider meandering to or from the rally, this is a great stop. 1140 Hagy Lane Shiloh, TN. 38376. 731 689 3327

I remember that quite a few of the rally attendees stayed at the hotel. I used the Corps of Engineers campgrounds. Camping in the Pines was another RAMS motto. Visit the famous Shiloh Battlefield Park. Perfect for you meandering rally goers.

West TN. Delta Heritage Center- Brownsville

For those running I-40 east and don't like the idea of stopping in Memphis, this is a good stop just off the super slab. Basically a welcome center and west Tennessee Museum. A lot of the museum is devoted to Tennessee music history. Tina Turner and Carl Perkins are featured. Tina grew up just north of Brownsville in the famous little town of Nutbush. Nutbush city limits. Tina grew up in typical southern poverty and reached the highest achievements possible in music and Hollywood. Fame and fortune from a dirt poor upbringing.

Carl Perkins grew up in Northwest TN. In the little town of Tiptonville. He was one of the early pioneers of Rock&Roll. Was 'discovered' by Sam Phillips of Sun Records in Memphis. Sam paired Carl with the little known at the time Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis. They became the famous Million Dollar Trio. Carl later became the King of Rockabilly. Anyway he's featured at the Delta Museum.

The west TN. Delta Museum has a lot of lesser known blues, rock&roll, soul, country stars on display.They also have a lot of info on all the different regions of TN.. Stop here and get your Tennessee dot map. Nice local restaurants to complete the stop.

The west TN. Delta Museum has a lot of lesser known blues, rock&roll, soul, country stars on display.They also have a lot of info on all the different regions of TN.. Stop here and get your Tennessee dot map. Nice local restaurants to complete the stop. The price of admission is FREE.

Distillery & Winery

About 20 miles east of Brownsville you get Exit 74; one of my favorite exits. About 1/4 mile north is the Samuel T Bryant Distillery. It's worth the stop to see the all wood building inside and out. Their specialty is moonshine. Tennessee Hills. I like the Dark Tennessee Shine. Get a bottle to share at Rally. They have a large selection.

About 1/8 mile on down the road on the other side of the road is Century Farm Winery. See Tom Carr the wine master. He'll assist you in picking out some wine for the rally. Good selection. Beautiful farm and winery.

Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Carl Perkins grew up in Northwest TN. In the little town of Tiptonville. He was one of the early pioneers of Rock&Roll. Was 'discovered' by Sam Phillips of Sun Records in Memphis. Sam paired Carl with the little known at the time Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis. They became the famous Million Dollar Trio. Carl later became the King of Rockabilly. Anyway he's featured at the Delta Museum.
    With Johnny Cash, they were the Million Dollar Quartet!
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

Can't believe I forgot Johnny. It's the onset of dementia/old-timers.

Sorry, I got three people talking to me about 3 different subjects, the TV is cranked up, somebody's got the stereo rocking. Too much multitasking. OK, back to sanity.

Addressed and Tel. Numbers

West TN. Delta Heritage Center
    122 Sunny Hill Cove Brownsville, TN. 38012 731 779 9000
    Samuel T Bryant Distillery
    1331 Lower Brownsville Road
    Jackson, TN. 38301
    731 467 1221
    It's not charcoal filtered. It's not aged in new oak barrels. IT'S JUST GOOD!
    Century Farm Winery
    1548 Lower Brownsville Road
    Jackson, TN. 38301
    731 424 7437

Casey Jones Home and Railroad Museum

A little further east is Jackson, TN. and another cool little museum. The story of Casey Jones the hero of the railroad. What did he do. Stop at the museum and find out. Nice stop, enertaining, restaurants. Just off I-40 at exit 80A.

The address is 30 Casey Jones Lane, Jackson, TN. 38305. Tel 731 668 1224

Parker's Crossroads

Parker's Crossroads exit 108 is another nice stop. Famous for the Civil War battle fought here in 1862. The battle field is on both sides of I-40. Park HQ and interpretive center is on the south side of the interstate. Stop in and see Kimberly Parker the park manager. Tell her Barry from Marion, Ar. Sent you
    She will know. 20945 Hwy 22N. 731 968 1191