• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Keep the belt drive!

The new RS

From what I have gleaned, the RS is a new variant. The quote, “A Diavel killer,” is what BMW is going for in the RS. The concept unit is stunning, the production version less so. (Production RS: front beak is shorter, engine chin spoiler removed, lower rear seat height. But still a looker.)

There is still speculation IF a new GT is coming. Fingers crossed, but who knows. No leaks, or even speculation, that I can find. Could be discontinued?

Did find one reference, ‘to compete with the Tracer GT.’ Perhaps this does mean there is something coming, but nothing confirmed. Chain drive would take it off my short list. Would like to see cruise control, 100bhp and TFT display. :)

I love the belt - clean, quiet, low maintenance. Don't understand why BMW didn't use them more, although I do understand the boxer orientation is more favorable to a shaft.

From what I've heard regarding the specs of any new GT, even with a slightly more powerful and better-sounding motor the loss of belt drive, the smaller size fuel tank, moving the fuel supply from under the seat to the usual tank position (which raises the center of gravity) and increased weight pretty much ruins the GT for me. And if their target is the Yamaha Tracer, well, of course there is no way the BMW will match the price of the Tracer GT and the Tracer's motor will likely blow the BMW into the weeds in all aspects. So I personally don't think the GT will be a challenger to the Tracer in any sane person's mind.

However, *if* my only choices were the GT or the Tracer then I'd still get the GT over the Tracer for two reasons - the ridiculously small luggage capacity of the Tracer bags (even less than the BMW!), and the ridiculously high seat height of the Tracer which makes the bike totally unusable for my short legs. But in reality I suspect neither will be in my future buying plans.

Back