• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What? They Don't Have Self-Cancelling Indicators?

What? They Don't Have Self-Cancelling Indicators

Just another bit of info. if you have a GS-911 you can change the turn signal duratiuon your self....

Just another bit of info. if you have a GS-911 you can change the turn signal duratiuon your self....

Where are you seeing this capability? And which GS-911/bike combo? The GS-911 function chart does not mention turn signals anywhere, and I see no options in my GS-911 software that allows changing the cancellation interval. The software can detect if the signals are lit, if the switches operate, and can turn the signals on/off, but that's about it.

On my first service for my 2018 Grand America I asked the service department to reduce the time/distance for self cancellation of the turn signals so they tried. They still take forever to self cancel, it’s frustrating and dangerous. The service department was limited by the software.

Agreed. I had my dealer set my GTL to the minimum and it still stays on too long. Somebody said you could change it yourself with a GS-911 tool but I question that. I believe (I was told by dealer) that the settings are only variable within preset limits. Would really like it if someone could disprove that.

Back