• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2019 Daytona Bike Week

1hpyrider

Hi Everyone
I just returned from attending Bike Week in Daytona. My first time on a BMW. All previous trips have been on a Harley. I went this year to see the difference in riding experience with the beemer. I like to hit the venders at the speedway first. I was looking for additional lights for the rear of the GS. Flashing lights. First stop as always is Custom Dynamics. They have installed additional lights on back of my Harleys for years. They don't make them for a BMW. Off I go to the BMW dealership down at Beach DR. located at the foot of the bridge. Super people. Very busy at this time of year. To my surprise, they had flashing lights that would operate with the electrical system on the bike. Got it installed by them and works great. If ever in Daytona, stop by the BMW dealership. Great people. Next stop was at J&P Cycle at Destination Daytona. Bought a Nelson Rigg rain suit to replace my Harley one. On the way back from bike week, got caught in very heavy rain from Montgomery to Birmingham, Al, home for me. Rain suit leaked in crotch and jacket. It is on the way back to J&P for a replacement for Frogg Toggs. Hope they work better. Forgot to mention that BMW demo truck was at the dealership offering demo rides on all their 2019 bikes. I didn't have time to test ride the new bikes since I needed to get back home.
Overall it was a great time and for the first time I noticed more and more metric bikes at this event. Of course, Harley brand was catered to by most venders. I even had a couple of Harley and Indian riders complement me on the GS. :dance Enough said. Anyway, I'll be back.

... things are still changing on vendors that just a couple years ago... were there (speedway). NO Twisted Throttle or Givi in the area this year to my knowledge.

"travel'n" john

2019 Daytona

I did not see either of those two vendors you mentioned this year. I was hoping to see at least one or two at the speedway. I saw many metric bikes on the road and visiting the vendors. Maybe next year.

... This mornings local TV news showed Main St. serene and void of motorbikes. The evening hours have spring break crowds at a few bars though.
Nice day for a ride there!

"travel'n" John ... 50 South of BMW Daytona & Main St.

Back