• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle rental in Bar Harbour Maine help please

nickrides

Nick Kennedy
Hi Gents
So the wife and I are flying to go see the fall colors in / around Bar Harbor and are looking for a bike rental for 2 up.
Any Ideas of a rental company close by?
Thanks in advance
Also when would be the Peak color change time from Bar Harbor to the north part of the state historically?
Were planning on 7-9 days

Man you plan ahead. Central Maine Harley Davidson located in Hermon Maine, which is right outside of Bangor, fairly close to the airport have motorcycles for rent. They are the only one's that I know of, I'm sure a google search can bring up more.

As for when fall colors are best, it's hit or miss even for us locals, usually last the weeks of September, first weeks in October are the best times. Here is a link that may help some Maine Foliage Report Link

Thanks for the reply
Never ridden a Harley could be fun!

Harley's are a different experience despite the underserved internet crap rap they get here and elsewhere. You can fly from most anywhere into Bangor International but flying into Portland will typically save you a hundred bucks per ticket. If your a foodie an overnight in Portland may be enjoyable lots of brew pubs and fancy restaurants many well rated, and lots of cheeky shopping spots in the "Old Port" district of the city, and it's very safe. Driving to Bar Harbor from Portland is a nice leisurely day trip up coastal route one, plenty of towns to stop and explore and eat. Maine's great in the Fall, well it's pretty great anytime but Fall's one of our better seasons. Good luck planning your trip, post some pics this fall when you get back. If you run into trouble, I'm in the anonymous book. Cheers.

Back