Thread: 2006 R1200 GS Brake Servo Rebuild (whizzy brakes) -Modulemaster

2006 R1200 GS Brake Servo Rebuild (whizzy brakes) -Modulemaster

Has anyone had their iABS (2005-2006) module rebuilt by Modulemaster?

Click on the Google link in the above menu bar and type in the following:

site:forums.bmwmoa.org Modulemaster

I think you'll find quite a few past posts on what Module Master can do.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I looked at the posts on the forum about Module Master. They have a good reputation and can fix most of the BMW abs units. As for the iABS (2005,2006) ("whizzy") brakes they have been able to repair the electrical components but not the pump components (parts not available). For the last year they have been indicating they were assembling parts and the current communications I have had with them is that they have started performing the pump repairs. I am told the repair of my unit is on the waiting list.

Before I wait any longer and before I do send my unit to them I want to hear from anyone who has had their unit (pumps) repairs in the last few months by Module Master. As stated above they have a good reputation and I want to give them my business but at the same time I have to make a decision to use them(wait any longer) or send it to Germany. My riding season starts in mid April.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdman View Post
    I looked at the posts on the forum about Module Master. They have a good reputation and can fix most of the BMW abs units. As for the iABS (2005,2006) ("whizzy") brakes they have been able to repair the electrical components but not the pump components (parts not available). For the last year they have been indicating they were assembling parts and the current communications I have had with them is that they have started performing the pump repairs. I am told the repair of my unit is on the waiting list.

Before I wait any longer and before I do send my unit to them I want to hear from anyone who has had their unit (pumps) repairs in the last few months by Module Master. As stated above they have a good reputation and I want to give them my business but at the same time I have to make a decision to use them(wait any longer) or send it to Germany. My riding season starts in mid April.

Thanks
    Say CD, I'm in the same boat. I have the ABS unit out, just waiting for the nod. I was told they were repairing the units but, maybe only the ones with electrical problems. Please share if you hear anything, I'll do the same.

I've seen a few positive posts from those who have had their servo units repaired. MM apparently has the parts and is working through a backlog of repairs before changing the "Under development" status on their web site. I've never seen a negative review about any of their work.

I think that you will get better information about the current status of iABS servo repairs by calling and asking them directly. If they say they can make repairs in an acceptable amount of time, I'd trust them to do it.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT