• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wiring Diagram for Trunk of 2019 K16100 GT

mehrten

Mehrten
I would like to know the color codes of the wires leading to the trunk that is equipped with a trunk light, high brake light and central locking.

I have identified the brown and the gray-black-yellow as the brake light.

There are two other pairs (?) that I don't know.

Appreciate the help.

One pair may be for a heated passenger back rest. Seems to me the top case I put on my RT has it. You can easily remove the back rest, about 6 screws from the inside of the top case lid, and there will be a wire that is just laying under the pad.

The other 2 are for the dome light in the case. My backrest is off of mine right now. I'll post the colors for the heated back connector tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

White/Green strip & Brown is backrest heater. This is on my '18.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Guys.

I took the top case cover off to determine which wire or wire set is for the brake light and the inner trunk light.

These are the two connections I need to attach a Signal Dynamic license plate frame that has two rows of leds.

Note that on the Bike Side of the harness there are five wires; on the Bag Side of the harness there are six wires.

The difference must be for the various models of the K1600 that have more trunk connections - heat, volume control, etc..

Here is what I found:

Bike Side of Harness - Bag Side of Harness
Brown-White to Brown White
Purple-White to Purple-White
Red-Green to Red-Brown
Small Brown to Grey-Black-Yellow
Large Brown to Small Brown
(No pin) to Green-White

The brake light comes off the Grey-Black-Yellow on the bag side of the harness and the Small Brown on the bag side of the harness; or the Small Brown and the Large Brown on the bike side of the harness.

The trunk light comes off the Red-Brown on the bag side of the harness and the Small Brown on the bag side of the harness; or the Red-Green and the Large Brown on the bike side of the harness.

One of the other wires (?) operates the Central Locking for the trunk.

The other(s) must be for GTL or B model options or accessories.

I won't be able to test the Signal Dynamics frame until our seat comes back from Russel Daylong, about the first week in April.

Again, thanks for the info.

Back