Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Road Pilot 5

wanderer
    FWIW I've had PR 5s on my R1200RS for over a year...in fact just put on the 2nd front to pass inspection. Very satisfied...so much so I see no reason to change.

My BMW dealer installed these with no comment about needing a GT tire. I agree with the earlier post that says if the tire meets the recommended specs....that should be good enough!

I see no need unless some one wants a stiffer (harsher riding) side wall.

Quote Originally Posted by vtbob View Post
    FWIW I've had PR 5s on my R1200RS for over a year...in fact just put on the 2nd front to pass inspection. Very satisfied...so much so I see no reason to change.

My BMW dealer installed these with no comment about needing a GT tire. I agree with the earlier post that says if the tire meets the recommended specs....that should be good enough!

It seems that there is a misunderstanding. I was told the GT doesn't have stiffer sidewalls but an extra belt. This would be why they both have the same weight rating.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Quote Originally Posted by vtbob View Post

I also have Road 5s on my R1200RS and currently have over 4,00o miles on them. They are a great all around tire. On my recent trip to Helen, GA they were great in the 400 plus miles of rain. Sometimes the rain was significant for miles on end. Once down in northern GA the Road 5s were excellent on the twisty roads.

When I need new tires I will be replacing them with another set of Road 5s.

I just read on two French motorcycle websites, this one and this one that the Road 5 GT is now available, however I haven't found any other source. Not even Michelin's own website.
    Maybe it's going to be a France only tire?
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT