• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Near Norman Weather Ctr. and OKC museums

ramble

ohbeemer
Solo visit in early April 2019. Prefer mom/pop lodging and southwest eats. Any tips appreciated. Itching for spring on OH.

Whenever anywhere near OKC, I make a visit to the Oklahoma City Memorial in downtown area. It is exceedingly well done and simultaneously brings chills, tears and goosebumps to me. Every time.

Not sure about "southwest eats." To me, that's just regular food. If you are talking about good Mexican grub, you gotta go a lot further south than Oklahoma.

Good luck.

Seems one place to check out in Oklahoma City is Bricktown, a collection of eateries and bars, plus a bit of a river walk to check out. It's not too far from the Memorial. There is a ballpark in the area, OKC's triple-A team supporting the Los Angeles Dodgers.

A couple more museums in the area -- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, in NW OKC. Find out how "Western" OKC really is! Also, while not a museum, check out the oil derrick on the State Capitol grounds.

The second museum is the Seaba Station Motorcycle Museum on Historic Route 66, just east of US177, near Chandler/Warwick, OK. Small, but interesting.

Tips for OKC

Solo visit in early April 2019. Prefer mom/pop lodging and southwest eats. Any tips appreciated. Itching for spring on OH.

Several good recommendations here already. I grew up in the area but now live a few hours east.

Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial (I was there after it happened with several hundred other Agents)

Bricktown - While there if you're looking for good Mexican Food I love Chelinos
There's lots to do in the Bricktown area, from bars to baseball
Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar & Grill" is a fun atmosphere with good food
Baseball - games are cheap, seats are plentiful and your treated well by staff (actually appreciate people coming to game)
Mickey Mantle's Steak House - Great BMW steak (Bring More Wallet)

National Banjo Museum is also in Bricktown

The Science Museum on MLK and about 50th is really well done

Western Heritage Museum (Cowboy Hall of Fame) - 63rd and MLK (NW OKC)

Cattleman's - Great steak place near Bricktown in the Stockyards area (Agnew & Exchange)

Near OKC - The Round Barn in Arcadia - built in 1898 and on Historic Route 66

I don't know anything about "mom/pop" lodging since I grew up there - if you can't find that I'd recommend the Skirvin Hilton which was a turn-of-the century hotel which had been abandoned for decades. It has been restored to its original glory (rumored to be haunted)

If you have any specific questions or these aren't exactly what you're looking for let me know

I'm noting all the great spots! Thanks, yes Mexican and German luv both, and will be getting boots there also.

Back