• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Showers at Lebanon Fairgrounds

mike m

Looks like hotels are pretty much booked. What are the accommodations for showers for campers in Lebanon?

Portable shower trailers are the norm. Last year in Iowa, they were close to (my)camping and kept clean In spite of heavy use. The ones in Iowa were banked individual showers with a door for each unit...have had ones with two doors, shower stalls and a common dressing area which gets a bit close and steamy.

And as I remember, you can shave and brush... outside & alongside the unit at portable, stainless steel sink and mirror consoles.

And the ladies in attendance seem to hate this!

"travel'n" john

There are multiple onsite restrooms with showers spread around the rally site. In addition as mentioned above there will be a 10 stall portable shower unit onsite as well. The combination of these facilities should all the opportunity to stay refreshed!

Last year at Iowa, the showers were the best I've seen in 7 past rallies. Air conditioned, individual stalls and very clean every time I went to shower. Two thumbs up to all the volunteers who made the most basic of requirements for comfortable camping a reality. I wouldn't let the worry of a shower keep you from enjoying the atmosphere around the campsites in the evening at the National. I've made many life long friends in the past seven years of Nationals camping that I wouldn't have made setting in a sterile hotel room. If your body won't hold up to camping anymore I understand Plan B, but if not, and you want to experience the full flavor of the rally, at least consider camping once before having to trek many miles away from the rally to find a hotel that's not sold out. Just my opinion.....

Showers

To kind of quote a former New Orleans Saints coach
SHOWERS, SHOWERS DON’T TALK TO ME ABOUT SHOWERS! WE HAVE TO GET TENTS FIRST SHOWERS

34EEDA8A-6A2A-44A6-82A7-69C6C7075C6C.jpeg

Where are the showers

In addition to the single 10 stall shower trailer is there a map of where the other showers are?

To my knowledge something that detailed hasn't been provided.

All the camping surrounds all the buildings at this fairground, and the site is not that really that large... so one shouldn't be very far away.

As always, it's just a good idea to park centrally and take a walk for a look-see before setup, if your able.

Our MOA folks that organize and set up this show usually arrive tomorrow, so they are en-route or in the area tonight... so it's late in the game for a map.

Make your motto "have no fear a shower is near"... and carry on mate!

"travel'n" john

Well then...

...showers were "mostly" near, unless you were the RV area folks or at the far reaches of property.

But that doesn't mean they were nice or in adequate number for about 5,000 of us on-site. By Friday afternoon the shower trailer sucked... and stayed that way!

The drains were clogged and... was there EVER a provider attendant or cleaning on-site during the rally?? It was disgusting inside some of those doors.

Never enough hooks (buildings or trailer)... is a chair per shower stall too much to ask of a fairground facility?

And bathrooms with NO mirrors over the sink; where you walked to for a shave and brush because the trailer did not provide ANY.

And then there's the porta-pots with no sanitizer dispenser OR wash stations outside?

NOT spending a little coin while expecting it's members to "keep on joining" and oh-by-the-way purchase a bike raffle ticket... not good.

Operating on borrowed time for your Members MOA... let's improve our offering, because I fear the 50th in a few years may be the swan song for many.

"travel'n" John
15th consecutive annual MOA

NOT spending a little coin while expecting it's members to "keep on joining" and oh-by-the-way purchase a bike raffle ticket... not good.

Operating on borrowed time for your Members MOA... let's improve our offering, because I fear the 50th in a few years may be the swan song for many.

"travel'n" John
15th consecutive annual MOA

I agree. While it seems to have become an RV and hotel rally, the campers have been given short shrift the pas several years. I might be a minority of one, but I would trade one or more days of entertainment for more, and better maintained, showers. Those not camping should not comment on how convenient the showers are.

Wasn't at Iowa BUT been to 8 nationals over the years showers are ALMOST ALWAYS INSUFFICIENT.... PLEASE charge me an extra $5 and order another shower trailer PLEASE

I'd be curious (only from a planning aspect) as to how many campers *didn't* use the showers at all. I used the ones in the building in the middle of the afternoon when the line was short. There was maybe 10 showers in that truck and a long line in the morning. I assumed there was more than one shower trailer all around the property. I guess not!

So with that many people some folks had to have skipped. ;)

The portal potties could have used a light for the midnight run. I hope I hit my marks. But I will chalk that up to my own inexperience.

Lines at the shower trailer didn't bother me much and I think any expectation that you can have a shower at your convenience at such events is a little much. I managed to get a shower every day, the fact it didn't happen on my schedule was unimportant. That said, the lack of maintenance of the shower trailer was not good, I went to get a shower Saturday night and the water was trying to run out the door, and I also managed to drop my last clean shirt off the seat into this water.

The lack of hand sanitizer in the porta johns was a real disappointment and not sanitary when you have so many folks in close proximity shaking hands and the like. This should be on someones check list for future events.

I was lucky that the gym franchise I belong to had a gym three miles from the fairground. I got my work outs in & had a nice clean shower afterwards each morning.

Back