• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Feedback about Linda's Custom Tank Bags

scottgood

Has anyone had any recent (within the last few months)contact with Linda? She's had my bag for almost 2 months and other than our initial phone conversation, I haven't heard anything from her. She won't answer or return my calls and emails.
First of all, I'm concerned that she is OK.
Secondly, I just want my bag back, even if it's not repaired. (stock '13 RT BMW tank bag that needs a new map pocket).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Just to be clear, we had a very nice initial conversation and I was totally comfortable with doing business with her. She seemed very knowledgeable and capable and came with great reviews.
Thanks for any assistance you can offer!
Regards,
Scott Good

The great reviews are all for good reason. I too hope she is OK. With a one person shop, things can't continue when they have to suddenly vacate for some reason.

From what I’ve seen, Linda does great work. But patience has always been required, especially in a one-person operation, and I’d suspect the workload is higher right now as riders are prepping for the IBR. Lots of folks in the IBR community use Linda’s gear...

Best,
DG

From what I’ve seen, Linda does great work. But patience has always been required, especially in a one-person operation, and I’d suspect the workload is higher right now as riders are prepping for the IBR. Lots of folks in the IBR community use Linda’s gear...

Best,
DG

I sent my RT bag and confirmed delivery on May 30, 2018. Spoken to Linda twice since. I have not heard anything since November 2018. I dunno how someone could send something this year and get it done before next winter unless workload is not FIFO.

Ken.

I sent my RT bag and confirmed delivery on May 30, 2018. Spoken to Linda twice since. I have not heard anything since November 2018. I dunno how someone could send something this year and get it done before next winter unless workload is not FIFO.

Ken.

Yeah, that’s definitely excessive. If/when someone makes contact I hope they report back. Hoping it’s not a case of illness, weather catastrophe, etc.

Best,
DG

Yeah, that’s definitely excessive. If/when someone makes contact I hope they report back. Hoping it’s not a case of illness, weather catastrophe, etc.

Best,
DG

Like yourself, I give the benefit of doubt for someone who has supported our extended community for several years as well and will attempt contact next week and report back.

Ken.

I can appreciate that she is probably very busy but when we spoke,she told me that it would be "about 30 days" after she received the bag. I never like to rush anyone but just like a little more communication.
I'll continue to attempt to connect with her via email and phone calls and let you know when I hear from her.
Thanks for the feedback!

Still no bag

Over 6 months have now passed since confirmed receipt of my tank bag. Numerous voice and e mails have gone unanswered. I just want my (unrepaired) bag back at this point. Any suggestions or feedback from any other Linda's customers?

Over 6 months have now passed since confirmed receipt of my tank bag. Numerous voice and e mails have gone unanswered. I just want my (unrepaired) bag back at this point. Any suggestions or feedback from any other Linda's customers?

:dunno

Buy another tank bag?

Sounds like it might be time for a registered letter from your lawyer friend, asking nicely for an update as to when it will be repaired/returned/replaced.

Sounds like it might be time for a registered letter from your lawyer friend, asking nicely for an update as to when it will be repaired/returned/replaced.

And when there is no response, the next move would be.....?

OP, cut your losses and buy a new tank bag. There is no happy ending to this story.

Kinda reminds me of the old joke about Harley riders rolling up their sleeves to knuckle it out when there is a beef.......BMW riders call their lawyers :ha

OM

Resolution...sort of.

Just wanted to send a final update...
Surprisingly, Linda answered my last phone call a couple of weeks ago and said she would return my tank bag (unrepaired). She apologized, I wished her well and last week my bag showed up on my door step.

Just wanted to send a final update...
Surprisingly, Linda answered my last phone call a couple of weeks ago and said she would return my tank bag (unrepaired). She apologized, I wished her well and last week my bag showed up on my door step.

Take it that Linda is out of the bag business for good.

No, just that she reportedly had a customer's tank bag for seven or eight months, wherein he attempted to contact her numerous times and she finally returned it to him - not repaired. And he wished her well. That's why the "Take it" beginning of my comment, seemed like a reasonable assumption and/or a way to elicit a more authoritative response. Is she still in business?

At least she returned the bag.... But IMHO it would be a reasonable assumption that she is no longer doing repairs. I wish her well of course.

Back