• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ADVMonster Contact?

pappy35

They don't list a phone number on their site and over the last three days haven't responded to an e-mail or a message sent to them via their site's chat feature. Anyone know this they are still in business? How does one get customer support from them if there's no way to contact them reliably?

Hmm, that's strange. I've bought several sets of lights from John over the years, and he's always been quick to respond to emails. He's a member on ADVRider, and was active there a couple of hours ago. He has a thread in the Vendors section, too. You could try reaching out to him through there, if you're a member.

He has a very good rep all over so I'm more surprised than annoyed. I'll hope over there and see if I can reach him. Thanks for the info.

Thanks. Got it.

I neglected to post that he got to me this morning and answered my questions so I have three "bulbs" on the way. I'll post pictures of the Camhead headlight housing installation as I've not seen detailed ones elsewhere.

Thanks. Got it.

I neglected to post that he got to me this morning and answered my questions so I have three "bulbs" on the way. I'll post pictures of the Camhead headlight housing installation as I've not seen detailed ones elsewhere.

Are you installing an LED Headlight? I've been at his site looking at them. I'm wanting to upgrade to something, you'd think my '11 has a Ray-O-Vac flashlight taped to the handle bars.

Thanks. Got it.

np... John is a good guy and provides good, personal service. He worked with me to put LEDs in the projector housings I have on my Xchallenge with the Touratech fairing. Totally custom job, charged me only the price of the bulbs. We've ridden a little together, too...

Are you installing an LED Headlight? I've been at his site looking at them. I'm wanting to upgrade to something, you'd think my '11 has a Ray-O-Vac flashlight taped to the handle bars.

Yes. I ordered units for all three lights (go big or go home). I can see well enough at night with the stock bulbs but but don't like their warm color temperature. To me car headlights that are cooler (higher color temperature) stand out more than regular bulbs so being more visible to cagers is a big part of why I decided to go for LED. Their instant on/off nature also makes high beam flashes more noticable. John's lights are a little less expensive than others out there and I like that they have heat sinks rather than fans, fans in an enclosed housing just don't make any sense to me. There are a lot of options out there so trying to pick something out is tough.

Last edited:
Back