• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My BMWs

I've loved BMWs ever since I couldn't afford to buy the new 1972 R75/5 I took for a test ride -- it was too expensive at $1800. I had to settle for a 1972 Yamaha XS650, which turned out to be a very fine bike too.

Anyhow, here are my current BMWs . . .

Attachments

• IMG_1127_A.jpg
    IMG_1127_A.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1123_A.jpg
    IMG_1123_A.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0893_A.jpg
    IMG_0893_A.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0862_A.jpg
    IMG_0862_A.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1100_A.jpg
    IMG_1100_A.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 115
Very nice collection ya got there! :thumb
Thanks. Except for the 2018 R9T, I bought all of them used, so I didn't pay anywhere near the new price. But I still have them serviced at the local dealership, so I contribute to the cause, indirectly. :)

Nice!

IF I ever go with a third BMW, it will be an RnineT. I have been drooling over that for a few years, and I do think I favor The Pure. For sure.

Nice!

IF I ever go with a third BMW, it will be an RnineT. I have been drooling over that for a few years, and I do think I favor The Pure. For sure.
Thanks.

I like my Pure. It's a nice plain little bike. BMW had a deal going where the list price (of the Pure) was under $10K -- that hooked me. When I say "little bike" I always have to remind myself that the engine is twice and three times the size of the bikes that I had when I first started riding.

How do you like your R1200C?

How do you like your R1200C?

Still loving it! Just about 5 weeks ago I bought a brand new RT so the C just sat (for now.) My original intent was to ride the RT one week and ride the C the next. Last Saturday, I put the RT in the shop for the first run-in service and to get the nose trim painted to match (thanks bmwdean for the idea!) and wouldn't you know it, I still have a bike to ride: the C. After re-aquainting myself with the forward controls, heavy throttle-by-cable, turn signals, horn, highbeams, and such as the like, I found that I still like riding her. I have been riding to and from work all week and it has an old school feel to it compared to the RT. Throttle response, horsepower, brakes, and handling are decades apart, but the R12C is still a fun ride! I was worried that I would get spoiled riding the new RT and eventually abondon the C. Not gonna happen. Won't do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

Cheers,

. . . the forward controls, heavy throttle-by-cable, turn signals, horn, highbeams, and such as the like, I found that I still like riding her. I have been riding to and from work all week and it has an old school feel to it compared to the RT. Throttle response, horsepower, brakes, and handling are decades apart, but the R12C is still a fun ride! I was worried that I would get spoiled riding the new RT and eventually abondon the C. Not gonna happen. Won't do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

Cheers,
I really dislike forward controls. Luckily the boxer engine puts a limit on how far forward the controls can be placed. Still, I wish they were more mid. I know it's a "cruiser" but still, they could have given us an option. The R1200C is the last bike I purchased so I haven't had it that long. I've always wanted one, and a low-mileage, well-kept one finally popped up on craigslist.

But one thing I've learned in my 50+ years of riding bikes (58 bikes) is that I no longer say "I'll never sell this one" because, sure enough, I'll sell it because I want to try something else.

I've been looking to buy either a K75S, a K100S (or RS) or an R90S. One of these days . . .

The closest I almost crashed a motorcycle was within the first three feet of an R1200C test ride. I started the bike, began the roll out, picked up up my feet and attempted to put them on the pegs. But I missed the forward pegs and planted my feet back on the ground. Exactly how I re-planted myself on the seat as the bike was rolling out from under me, I'm not sure. My arms were stretched out pretty far forward as I was trying to re-plant on the seat. But I didn't crash in front of the dealership salesman and a half dozen spectators, but I almost did. I decided it probably was not a good bike for me. :)

Nice bikes all, I wouldn't change a thing. Then again.......:)
Thanks. But I hear ya . . .

This is just my current collection. It will definitely change. I can easily get tired of a motorcycle, sell it, and buy something completely different. I can get away with this behavior by buying used bikes. If you buy new, you almost have to keep it for five years. I've had a couple of bikes for ten years but I've also gotten tired of a bike after two months. :)

In fact, I'd wager that half the people on this forum are driving a car or truck that is worth more than all five of my BMWs.

Years ago I was an automotive and motorcycle curator for a multi-billionare in Memphis, TN. I took care of over a 100 motorcycles and 30-40 cars at any one time. His cars and motorcycles were worth in the millions. One of my buds was commenting on Jimmy's collection; I interjected that I had a collection of about 10 bikes. No Barry, you don't. You have an accumulation of OK sorta bikes. Jimmy has a collection, highly desirable and sought after automobiles and motorcycles. Ah, I see your point. That said, I like all your bikes, I would have a blast riding any of them. Ride and enjoy. :thumb :thumb

You have an accumulation of OK sorta bikes.
That may be a better description. Sorry for using the wrong word. I know they aren't worth a whole lot -- I even said so myself. My accumulation will change -- I didn't have three of those bikes two years ago.

Last edited:
I like 'em too!

Welcome aboard, and if you're welcome to check out Chromeheads.org for more specific R1200C info.

Hope to see you on the road sometime.

Back