• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600 GT Issues-running hot, throttle slow to respond, passenger backrest

slider14

I have a bought a new 2018 K1600 GT. Love the bike.

I only have about 400 miles on it, but see some issues. Wanted some feedback from the Group before I took it in, to Service. I live in Scottsdale Arizona.

1. It's been cool here this winter. However I see the temperate gauge on the panel at about 60-70% already. Mostly rises on idle and/or in traffic. Is this normal? Once the bike is going on open road, it's Temp is about halfway up the gauge. I'm concerned that when the spring (and summer) hits here, this is going to be an issue.

2. Maybe because I also have a 2006 K1200S, which has a very responsive throttle, but....this K1600 throttle seems very slow to respond, mostly in 1st Gear. Is there an adjustment that can be made? When I turn the throttle, it has some 'slop' and play in it, in first gear. Have stalled the bike actually a couple of times.

3. I'm looking to add a backrest to this bike for the passenger. Other than looking at the REssel Day Long options, does anyone else have any recommendations?

I know this is a lot, but if you have comments on any (or all) of the above, it would be apprecaited. Thank you.

Eric

Mostly rises on idle and/or in traffic. Is this normal?

2. Maybe because I also have a 2006 K1200S, which has a very responsive throttle, but....this K1600 throttle seems very slow to respond, mostly in 1st Gear. Is there an adjustment that can be made? When I turn the throttle, it has some 'slop' and play in it, in first gear. Have stalled the bike actually a couple of times.
Welcome to the forum.

The temperature rise at idle or in slow traffic is normal for any bike.

If your bike has ride modes it may be in rain mode. Try Dynamic and see how that feels.

The 2018 bikes also had their throttle neutered by BMW in order to be in compliance with Euro4 emissions standards. Bren Tuning can reprogram your ECU with the throttle map from a 2014 K1600 to correct this issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back