• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F850GSA - Second one sold in Idaho

If the suspension seems soft, check back with your dealer. They should be able to compare your bike with another similar bike. I don’t think I have ever heard of a bike coming through with the fork oil low- but it’s possible.
Back in the day we used to change front suspension rates with both fluid and spacers to suit.
Good luck with the new bike.
OM

After 800 miles in 2 weeks, I've got one serious concern and wonder if any of you share it. The front suspension is way too soft with no adjustment available. At any kind of speed, when I hit the front brake hard, the front forks collapse so dramatically I feel like I'm gonna be thrown over the windshield. They're noticeably softer than those on the F800GS, which were kind of soft too, but not this bad. When I have a second or so to react, I've started hitting the rear brakes first, then the front after. But in a panic situation, I won't have the luxury of time to perform a 2 step stop. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks Omega Man.
I'll mention that next time I'm in the shop. Never heard of that either, but I have talked to another guy who bought the F850GSA and he already blew out the front forks riding off road, so I'm not alone with fork issues He said he could get the forks to bottom out sitting still and pushing on them. This may just be the nature of these forks and I'm not used to them and others are, or I'm gonna find an aftermarket fix. I heard there's a company that makes drop in cartridges that'll stiffen up the front end. About $500 for a pair. I'll wait until I have a couple of thousand miles on it to give them a fair test.

Back