Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Review: Aerofllow Windshield R1200RT

One more vote for the Werks windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwdean View Post
    Blll,

I like them just fine. But I have never used an Aeroflow, so I cannot really compare them. The QR is less expensive and includes shipping, which Aeroflow doesn't if I am reading its web page correctly. I have a tall friend who had an Aeroflow but switched to QR which he uses now and has put many tens of thousands of mles on his RT with it.

I don't know how you could compare QR and AF shields without buying them both as an expensive test that would leave you with one unwanted shield.
    Jeff,

I met that the 2 "LOOK" similar, but not that they work the same.

Bill

Yet another thumbs up for the Werks QR. I have had one on my 15 RT for 45K miles and still love it.
    '15 1200RT

Other WIndshield options

I've had a V-stream windsheild in the past and wondered if anyone can offer a comparison to the Aeroflow ? V-stream is polycarb while Aeroflow is acrylic. The shapes are also different so I wondered if anyone had any recommendations \ comparisons

Blll,

I like them just fine. But I have never used an Aeroflow, so I cannot really compare them. The QR is less expensive and includes shipping, which Aeroflow doesn't if I am reading its web page correctly. I have a tall friend who had an Aeroflow but switched to QR which he uses now and has put tens of thousands of mles on his RT with it.

I don't know how you could compare QR and AF shields without buying them both as an expensive test that would leave you with one unwanted shield.

Quote Originally Posted by david.e.mantle View Post
    I've had a V-stream windsheild in the past and wondered if anyone can offer a comparison to the Aeroflow ? V-stream is polycarb while Aeroflow is acrylic. The shapes are also different so I wondered if anyone had any recommendations \ comparisons
    I had a V-stream on my 2006 RT for 10 years and it was great! It is by far the most scratch resistant shield I have owned. I have the Werkes on my 2016 and it is OK. Am considering a v-stream for my 2016 though.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

... I have never used an Aeroflow, so I cannot really compare them. ...
    "Chris on the Street" has a 20-minute video comparing Aeroflow vs Werks on a R1200RTW

Windscreen upgrade is on my list for this summer. I usually go with Aeroflow, and that is my plan again after watching the video comparison.

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    "Chris on the Street" has a 20-minute video comparing Aeroflow vs Werks on a R1200RTW

Windscreen upgrade is on my list for this summer. I usually go with Aeroflow, and that is my plan again after watching the video comparison.

You simply cannot compare ANY two brands of screens if they are NOT the same SIZE. The taller screens are guaranteed to be smoother and quieter, provided the shape is not too different . The two Aeroflow screens in that video were both taller than the WERKS Quiet Ride. A free Quiet Ride in a comparable size was not requested for the comparison.

Like I posted earlier the Quite Ride made the bike a pleasure to ride in less than perfect weather
    FYI the QR shields are actually made by 7JUROCK located in Southern California, you can order direct from them

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    Like I posted earlier the Quite Ride made the bike a pleasure to ride in less than perfect weather
    FYI the QR shields are actually made by 7JUROCK located in Southern California, you can order direct from them
    Yes, Quiet Ride windshields are made at 7Jurock's facilities. The owner is an ex Cee Bailey employee. He has the expertise, equipment, and manpower to manufacture a first quality product. I do the development, help with the CAD drawings, and do all the testing. These are built to MY design after a lot of work developing them. I can tell you both of us have very high standards for quality. I cannot see spending a ton of money on equipment to build one line of windshields, so our partnership is a good one for both of us.

You have never been able to buy a Quiet Ride through them, but you could get their version of it. Even those are going away due to confusing posts about this. The Quiet Ride design will be exclusive to WERKS Parts customers very soon.

I have a quiet ride windshield. Came on bike since I bought it used. Never think about it. Also can forget to wear earplugs sometimes and not have to pull over and put them in. Really a well made product that lets you enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Realshelby View Post
    You simply cannot compare ANY two brands of screens if they are NOT the same SIZE. The taller screens are guaranteed to be smoother and quieter, provided the shape is not too different . The two Aeroflow screens in that video were both taller than the WERKS Quiet Ride. A free Quiet Ride in a comparable size was not requested for the comparison.
    While watching the review I was thinking the same thing. While both shields performed well it would have been more apples to apples had the Werks and Aeroflow been the same height.

Another point is the Werks shield is one of the few that come in the light gray tint. For many that may not be a big deal but on my Platinum Bronze RT I think the light tint really looks nice.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

I went back and forth too- settled on the werks after a lot of research. Werks was super responsive and patient in explaining their product when I called- didn't denigrate others but certainly made me feel better about theirs. Oh that slight tint really looks sharp with my black (platinum?[edit: EBONY]) 2016 RTW. Interestingly a comparable werks was actually shorter than stock and is still supposed to have better protection, Go Figure. Price is right and looks great, if the snow here ever melts I'll even get to ride with it!! LOL

Sometimes I'll call just to see if a human representing the company is reachable if there is a problem, man was he reachable- also made me feel confident that if there were a problem he would respond.
    Last edited by rick601; 03-12-2019 at 10:22 PM.

I've got a Wunderlich windshield came with bike "used" it seems to work pretty good, but I have nothing to compare it with. I'm thinking the Aero tall might work better for the wife on back.We are planning on some very long trips coming up very soon. My Wunderlich doesn't have much flare at top or sides but had side "wings". Anyone have experience with Wunderlich vs Aeroflow?