• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Review: Aerofllow Windshield R1200RT

"Chris on the Street" has a 20-minute video comparing Aeroflow vs Werks on a R1200RTW

Windscreen upgrade is on my list for this summer. I usually go with Aeroflow, and that is my plan again after watching the video comparison.

You simply cannot compare ANY two brands of screens if they are NOT the same SIZE. The taller screens are guaranteed to be smoother and quieter, provided the shape is not too different . The two Aeroflow screens in that video were both taller than the WERKS Quiet Ride. A free Quiet Ride in a comparable size was not requested for the comparison.

Like I posted earlier the Quite Ride made the bike a pleasure to ride in less than perfect weather
FYI the QR shields are actually made by 7JUROCK located in Southern California, you can order direct from them

Like I posted earlier the Quite Ride made the bike a pleasure to ride in less than perfect weather
FYI the QR shields are actually made by 7JUROCK located in Southern California, you can order direct from them

Yes, Quiet Ride™ windshields are made at 7Jurock's facilities. The owner is an ex Cee Bailey employee. He has the expertise, equipment, and manpower to manufacture a first quality product. I do the development, help with the CAD drawings, and do all the testing. These are built to MY design after a lot of work developing them. I can tell you both of us have very high standards for quality. I cannot see spending a ton of money on equipment to build one line of windshields, so our partnership is a good one for both of us.

You have never been able to buy a Quiet Ride™ through them, but you could get their version of it. Even those are going away due to confusing posts about this. The Quiet Ride™ design will be exclusive to WERKS Parts customers very soon.

I have a quiet ride windshield. Came on bike since I bought it used. Never think about it. Also can forget to wear earplugs sometimes and not have to pull over and put them in. Really a well made product that lets you enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You simply cannot compare ANY two brands of screens if they are NOT the same SIZE. The taller screens are guaranteed to be smoother and quieter, provided the shape is not too different . The two Aeroflow screens in that video were both taller than the WERKS Quiet Ride. A free Quiet Ride in a comparable size was not requested for the comparison.

While watching the review I was thinking the same thing. While both shields performed well it would have been more apples to apples had the Werks and Aeroflow been the same height.

Another point is the Werks shield is one of the few that come in the light gray tint. For many that may not be a big deal but on my Platinum Bronze RT I think the light tint really looks nice.

I went back and forth too- settled on the werks after a lot of research. Werks was super responsive and patient in explaining their product when I called- didn't denigrate others but certainly made me feel better about theirs. Oh that slight tint really looks sharp with my black (platinum?[edit: EBONY]) 2016 RTW. Interestingly a comparable werks was actually shorter than stock and is still supposed to have better protection, Go Figure. Price is right and looks great, if the snow here ever melts I'll even get to ride with it!! LOL

Sometimes I'll call just to see if a human representing the company is reachable if there is a problem, man was he reachable- also made me feel confident that if there were a problem he would respond.

Last edited:
I've got a Wunderlich windshield came with bike "used" it seems to work pretty good, but I have nothing to compare it with. I'm thinking the Aero tall might work better for the wife on back.We are planning on some very long trips coming up very soon. My Wunderlich doesn't have much flare at top or sides but had side "wings". Anyone have experience with Wunderlich vs Aeroflow?

Quiet ride comment

Quiet ride shield made all the difference on my 15RT, stock shield got wind buffeting and water constantly in my face

Was it a high frequency buffet, somewhat affecting vision to almost a small vision blur???. I am now online looking for good advice on aftermarket products to improve my RT experience. My OEM windshield is horrible IMHO!:banghead. I was looking at various responses to multiple posts, but if you are a T6 (pilot??) you know what I am talking about with high frequency wind effect.

I bought the QuietWerks for my '16 RT, based on Jeff's recommendation in an earlier thread if I recall correctly. It does indeed look almost exactly like that Aeroflow. Not knocking Aeroflow in any way, but I love my Tall Werks windshield. Huge improvement over stock in every way, at every height.

Sure, a larger windshield will affect gas mileage. It you have a newer ride, say and RT, you can scroll through the dash options and find instantaneous MPG and watch it while you ride. Putting your feet out on highway pegs on the engine guard will cost you MPG, as will a larger windshield, also a pair of large auxiliary lights mounted on the outer edges of the fairing, hanging out in the air, plus top case will catch some air.

Sure, a larger windshield will affect gas mileage. It you have a newer ride, say and RT, you can scroll through the dash options and find instantaneous MPG and watch it while you ride. Putting your feet out on highway pegs on the engine guard will cost you MPG, as will a larger windshield, also a pair of large auxiliary lights mounted on the outer edges of the fairing, hanging out in the air, plus top case will catch some air.

Yep, some would be quite alarmed at how much "mileage" you lose putting your legs out on highway pegs!!!! The "instant mileage" is hard to duplicate when comparing screens, I have spent a LOT of time testing while doing that. While a larger windshield won't gain any mileage, if you don't run it too high the actual difference over a tankful isn't more than a mile or two at the most from my experience.
You would have to keep data over a few tankfuls with each screen to really develop a true answer to the difference. While we all want the most mileage, I care about that only because it effects range. Modifying the fill neck on my RT gains enough fuel to add a good bit of range over what it gave stock.

Is there a mileage penalty with a bigger windshield? That's been my experience with Cee Baily. -2 or 3 MPG.

I have a Cee Baily also with the recurve. I like it so much I don't care about the extra fuel burn. I think I read something about them not making motorcycle screens anymore. Is that true?

Cee Bailey's Screens

I have a Cee Baily also with the recurve. I like it so much I don't care about the extra fuel burn. I think I read something about them not making motorcycle screens anymore. Is that true?

Yes it true, I have shorter than stock screen on my RS and I'm very happy with it. Smooth quiet air.

Back