• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Review: ilium Works Lowered Passenger Flooboards

allhisanyway

We're really enjoying our new '17 R1200RT but my wife was having difficulty mounting the passenger seat. Being used to the much lower HD Road Glide and its stable floorboards, I thought she might have an easier time if I installed the Ilium works Lowered Passenger Floorboards (#11-700). Although expensive, these are of good quality and as hoped made mounting the bike a bit easier for her.

Installation was simple, taking just a few minutes. The finish on the floorboards is a pretty close match to the other components of the bike. They seem stable (handled my xxxlbs wife fine and even my 210lbs) and strong. My only suggestion to Ilium would be to tighten up the tolerances a bit - the hinges have more room than needed and so the floorboards have more movement inside the bracket than what I would like. Overall though - nice product that definitely works as advertised.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Nice job. Tempted to try a pair for my wife; see if she likes them.

I pick up my new RT tomorrow and have ordered a set of these for my wife. She is tall and needs the room. I will post how she likes them after we go for a ride when it warms up a little here in PA šŸ˜

drivers floorboards

Passenger boards look great. I'm about to order a set for myself (driver) since they apparently lower feet position and ease stress on knees. Does anyone have any experience/photos of them. thanks

Back