• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 - 2012 R1200RT wiring connector pics please or Bushtec Plug n Play advice

greaselyadam

Hello all. I have a 2012 R1200GS Adventure and am planning a trailer towing project. I'm considering purchasing the Bushtec Plug n Play wiring kit for my bike, but they only list it as compatible with the 2006 - 2013 R1200RT, and it's non-returnable, and they won't comment on if it will fit a GS or not.

I'm curious if anyone can take some pics of a 2010 - 2012 R1200RT bike wiring harness where the tail/brake/turn signals plug in so I can compare them with my GS wiring connectors.

Or, if anyone has the Bushtec kit and can take pics of where it plugs in so I can compare with my bike.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 2012 RT and the taillight harness goes all the way to the light without a connector in the harness. There are 2 pin connectors for the turn signals but the first connector for the taillight is at the light itself.

I have a 2012 RT and the taillight harness goes all the way to the light without a connector in the harness. There are 2 pin connectors for the turn signals but the first connector for the taillight is at the light itself.

Gotcha. Thanks for chiming in. I ended up finding the install guide from Bushtec. It doesn't contain any pics, and is not the most well written, but I think I understand it. Does it jive with what you know about your bike?

From the Bushtec install guide:
"3. Locate the motorcycle wiring for the taillight and turn signals to the bulb bases. Note the wire colors on all three sockets. One wire on each socket is the same color. This is your ground wire.
4.On the ground wire for the right turn signal, unplug the wire from the socket. Plug in the black wire from the supplied subharness to the empty connector on the socket and into the factory wiring.
5.On the NON groundwire for the right turn signal, unplug it from the socket. Plug in the yellow wire from the subharness to the empty connector on the socket and into the factory wiring.
6.On the right tail/brake light socket unplug the NON ground wire from the socket. Plug in the blue wire from the subharness to the empty connector on the socket and into the factory wiring.
7.On the left turn signal, unplug the NON ground wire from the socket. Plug in the brown wire from the subharness to the empty connector on the socket and into the factory wiring."

Back