• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2020 MOA National

I like it!

Johnson City was an interesting rally. When I arrived and selected a spot to set up my tent I was greeted by a woman who informed me I could not set up there (fifty yards from her) unless I had accepted Jesus as my personal lord and savior. I gave her a long look, taking in the dozens of pins and patches proclaiming her piety, and decided I didn't want to camp that close to her.

Pete
Only in the South:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh. I wouldn't have camped by her either, except she would realize I needed Jesus.:)
At our first National, the wise guy at registration would not stop making light of my southern drawl. He just kept on & on & on. I am not a sensitive gal, and can take a joke easily, but this guy pushed my button and I finally told him to just STFU already, and he did.

Your welcome to camp next to me any time you wish Pete. And Gail, y'all welcome to camp there too.

My mother in law was from Ripley, I learned early Mississippi that women are delightful until crossed.

And I'll bet on the fact that it's not in Arizona OR Utah!

I can’t speak for AZ, but there are places in Utah where people have died from hypothermia and exposure in June and July. Just sayin’.

Back in about 2015 or so I submitted a UT location that would be far cooler and grassier in June and July—the Golden Spike Event Center near Ogden. Website at http://goldenspikeeventcenter.com, satellite view available at https://goo.gl/maps/D6Qja9Rn6ot. HOG and other Motorsports groups have held events there in the past.

Instead, we ended up in the sweltering sea of concrete that is downtown SLC.:banghead

But, I understand how those things happen as conflicts with dates, MOA site requirements for sizing, motel availability, beer concessions, entertainment, etc. etc. etc are possible. And as I stated earlier, sites like this are commonly booked out at least 2-3 years in advance. Ogden in June of 2023 would be a very pleasant camping and rallying experience. Maybe even better than Fargo! :D

Best,
DG

My guess is Colorado, it looks like they haven't held a rally since 1995

PREVIOUS RALLIES
1973 Morgan Hill CA
1974 Tablerock, SC
1975 Branson, MO
1976 Oshkosh, WI
1977 Colorado Springs, CO
1978 Rutland, VT
1979 Brainard, MN
1980 Prineville, OR
1981 Hurricane Mills, TN
1982 Shreve, OH
1983 Lake Placid, NY
1984 Missoula, MT
1985 Lake Wales, FL
1986 Laguna Seca, CA
1987 Escanaba, MI
1988 Madison, IN
1989 York, PA
1990 Rapid City, SD
1991 Flagstaff, AZ
1992 DuQuoin, IL
1993 Oshkosh, WI
1994 Moodus, CT
1995 Durango, CO
1996 Morganton, NC
1997 Fredricksburg, TX
1998 Missoula, MT
1999 Rhinebeck, NY
2000 Midland, MI
2001 Redmond, OR
2002 Trenton, ON
2003 Charleston, WV
2004 Spokane, WA
2005 Lima, OH
2006 Essex Junction, VT
2007 West Bend, WI
2008 Gillette, WY
2009 Johnson City, TN
2010 Redmond, OR
2011 Bloomsburg, PA
2012 Sedalia, MO
2013 Salem, OR
2014 St. Paul, MN
2015 Billings, MT
2016 Hamburg, NY
2017 Salt Lake City, UT
2018 Des Moines, IA
2019 Lebanon, TN

Vegas.

We would not even be a blip on their events, they could take us all in so easy. No grass, but it is Vegas, who needs grass. Buildings big enough to keep all the vendors and members for the MOA, Gold Wing, Hog and any other 2 wheel events at the same time with room left over. Nice race track to hold the riding school. And, once you clear the city, there is some interesting riding.
It's not hot because there is NO HUMIDITY!

Just think when the beemers take over Fremont Street.

Note: I am only about half way joking here. It could be a rally to remember. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Besides there has to be something to complain about.

Rod

Speculation and Prediction for 2020 Western MOA Rally Site...

A quite timely Thread, as we're maybe only 35 days or so... from something you can actually plan around (the OFFICIAL Announcement)

Like maybe riding through Fargo... en-route to SANTA FE, New Mexico... in mid JUNE 2020!

My guess is made... what's yours?

The First correct guess could collect special recognition at that Rally and a free evening beverage... or something.

Time for a game of speculation and prediction... from now until end of March.

"travel'n" John

Wondering Where?

Vegas.

We would not even be a blip on their events, they could take us all in so easy. No grass, but it is Vegas, who needs grass. Buildings big enough to keep all the vendors and members for the MOA, Gold Wing, Hog and any other 2 wheel events at the same time with room left over. Nice race track to hold the riding school. And, once you clear the city, there is some interesting riding.
It's not hot because there is NO HUMIDITY!

Just think when the beemers take over Fremont Street.

Note: I am only about half way joking here. It could be a rally to remember. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Besides there has to be something to complain about.

Rod

In that case, Reno could also be a good choice.

Bill

Been to most of the Nationals since 2003 and the only one I really hated was Lima OH. Hot and too freaking dusty. Favorite by far was West Bend!👍

But being retired I look forward to heading West from Charlotte.

Do folks really think Nashville in mid June is going to be any cooler than Salt Lake or Des Moines was??🤭🤭

I thought the venue and facilities in both Salt Lake and Des Moines were great.

Been to most of the Nationals since 2003. Favorite by far was West Bend!👍

I thought the venue and facilities in both Salt Lake and Des Moines were great.

You have mentioned three really good facilities. However, I would rather try Des Moines in May, or June, or September but please, not in July again. :hungover

Speculation and Your Prediction of the 2020 MOA Western US Rally Site...

A quite timely Thread, as we're maybe only 20 days or so... from something you can actually plan around (the OFFICIAL Announcement)

Like maybe riding through Fargo... en-route to SANTA FE, New Mexico... in mid JUNE 2020!

My guess is made... what's yours?

The First correct guess could collect special recognition at that Rally and a free evening beverage... or something.

Time for a game of speculation and prediction... from now until end of March.

"travel'n" John

?

I am just excited about a "west" location which means a nice ride there and back!

Wyoming or Montana would be my preference but South Dakota would be nice too ... Black Hills, Bad Lands and Spearfish Canyon!

While Des Moines was hot, the rally was remarkably well-organized and between the shade trees and air conditioned buildings it was easy to avoid the summer heat. The only exceptions were those poor outdoor vendors!

I'd go back, especially now that the rally is held in June. Salt Lake City, on the other hand, was just brutally hot - and navigating through city traffic to reach the cooler mountains was too much for me. I left early. Next time I visit Utah will be in early spring or late autumn.

Pete

Back