Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 2020 MOA National

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    On June 23, 2013 we awoke from a good night's sleep, camping in a nice little campground along US 89 in the Lewis and Clark National Forrest. This was the day that the OEM Gel battery in Voni's F800 shot craps. The bike would start with a jump start but die as soon as the cables were disconnected. The dread physical break internal to the battery. Woe is me.

So I rode my bike north to Great Falls on this nice Sunday morning to the Walmart store where I found the Everstart ES14-BS battery which fit the F800 perfectly. I have fond memories of Great Falls. For those so inclined this Walmart Supercenter is about 1.7 miles from the Montana Expo Center. I think I'll go back just to visit the battery shelves in the Automotive section.
    I trust that it is just a platonic relationship
    Boxerbruce

Great Falls, MT. Looks like there's about 80 RV sites with power, some with shade.
    Ron R

Camping offered along the way to Great Falls Nat'l Rally

Quote Originally Posted by beemerron View Post
    Great Falls, MT. Looks like there's about 80 RV sites with power, some with shade.
    Hey boys and girls, Still a few months away,,,, but wanted to throw this out, The wife and I have a campground just west of Cody .Wy which may or may not be on the way for some of you travelers onto the National Rally but if you need a safe campspot for a day or two coming and going to the rally, let me know. We offer tent camping for motorcyclists only and also rent furnished tipis and cabins . The tenting I will give you a MOA deal on but the tipis and cabins are in our high season so if desired , no discounts on them. We have a killer bath house , wi fi, creekside tenting, firepits, and hot coffee in the AM. There will be about 6 to 8 of us riding up to Great Falls on Thursday of the rally, so any and or all could ride along. PM if interested . See ya on the road
    Pete and Laura www.wowmccg.com

Annie and I visited the rally site (MT Expo Park) this past Saturday. There was a crafts fair and it gave us an excuse to drive up there and take a look at the park. There is an area with many very tall trees that should offer some good shade. Some of the RV hook-ups are covered by trees. I do not know what space will be allocated to tent camping, but there are some good options that offer shade. There are two restaurants and a bar right outside the fence and near a gate that is near what I can only assume will be a camping area (a very good BBQ place and a Kobe Japanese Steak house). We found a shopping area with several food options about a mile away from the park. I cannot say we did a complete recon of the surrounding area.

The facilities at the park look like they can meet the needs of the rally with ease. There is a great deal of parking space and potential locations for venders and seminars also look ample. I think the park will be a great rally site.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Annie and I visited the rally site (MT Expo Park) this past Saturday. There was a crafts fair and it gave us an excuse to drive up there and take a look at the park. There is an area with many very tall trees that should offer some good shade. Some of the RV hook-ups are covered by trees. I do not know what space will be allocated to tent camping, but there are some good options that offer shade. There are two restaurants and a bar right outside the fence and near a gate that is near what I can only assume will be a camping area (a very good BBQ place and a Kobe Japanese Steak house). We found a shopping area with several food options about a mile away from the park. I cannot say we did a complete recon of the surrounding area.

The facilities at the park look like they can meet the needs of the rally with ease. There is a great deal of parking space and potential locations for venders and seminars also look ample. I think the park will be a great rally site.
    Thanks for the update and recon mission!

Shady parking is always appreciated at summer rallies!
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze