• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vegas service

Bumping this thread since I'm curious if anyone has recommendations.
LC 1200 if that matters.
Would be great to find a mechanic near Henderson.

Hmmm, apparently not... You may be stuck with Arizona or California...

From Boingo's list:
USA AZ Flagstaff Eurogeek Motosport 555 Blackbird Roost #5 (928) 773-8913
USA AZ Mesa Bernie's Cycle Service 34 E. Southern Ave (480) 835-1420
USA AZ Phoenix MotoGhost 1137 W Ross (602) 324.9629 [NO, see next]
UPDATED TO: 21628 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85024 (thanks, BWG)
USA AZ Tucson ZMW Z's Motorcycle Werks E. 44th St. #116 (520) 290-3374
USA CA Chico Eurotech Motor Sports 1017 Willow Street (530) 345-7145
USA CA Riverside Lior's Moto Ride 7240 Pontoosuc Ave (951)415-5668 https://liorelbaz.com/
USA UT Midvale Motorcycle Repair & Rendezvous 7021 S Commerce Park Dr. (801) 255-1444

Hmmm, apparently not... You may be stuck with Arizona or California...

From Boingo's list:
USA AZ Flagstaff Eurogeek Motosport 555 Blackbird Roost #5 (928) 773-8913
USA AZ Mesa Bernie's Cycle Service 34 E. Southern Ave (480) 835-1420
USA AZ Phoenix MotoGhost 1137 W Ross (602) 324.9629 [NO, see next]
UPDATED TO: 21628 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85024 (thanks, BWG)
USA AZ Tucson ZMW Z's Motorcycle Werks E. 44th St. #116 (520) 290-3374
USA CA Chico Eurotech Motor Sports 1017 Willow Street (530) 345-7145
USA CA Riverside Lior's Moto Ride 7240 Pontoosuc Ave (951)415-5668 https://liorelbaz.com/
USA UT Midvale Motorcycle Repair & Rendezvous 7021 S Commerce Park Dr. (801) 255-1444

Yikes. In asking around I got the most mentions for a guy who goes by "Irish Mike" at Major Powersports. I had the work done there today (oil, final drive, front tire) and it I have no complaints. I had a good experience with people in the shop. They talked riding, helped me out with a few cool routes in the area and were solid human beings. So, at least when I'm too lazy to do the work myself I have a place I can go to and trust.

I'll have to search this "boingo's list" you reference. I'm a bit new to the forums, but the context clues tell me that's a handy list of mechanics that respected people on the forum approve of. And that's a handy list!
Thanks for sharing

Is Eurocycle in Las Vegas good for service - quality and price wise? I need to get the '06 RT serviced, and part of that will be them "activating" my (newly installed) factory radio, which I understand needs to be with a DT-1 tool, so it will use the dash display. I'm worried as it is a "John Hollywood" dealer...

Is Eurocycle in Las Vegas good for service - quality and price wise? I need to get the '06 RT serviced, and part of that will be them "activating" my (newly installed) factory radio, which I understand needs to be with a DT-1 tool, so it will use the dash display. I'm worried as it is a "John Hollywood" dealer...

They charge $165/hr for labor. I can't speak to quality because I would only use them in a scenario like you list where you have no other option. I think it's more than 200 miles to any other dealer from here so not much you can do really.
I was quoted $750 for what was $375 down the road at Major Powersports. A couple guys on a Reddit group recommended them and their mechanic who goes by the name "Irish Mike." Really nice guy and really passionate about bikes and what he does. The work was oil and final drive service and a front tire swap (I provided.) I still have the service indicator light on though so I'll probably bit the bullet and get the tool for reading codes and start doing most of my own work again. But I'll absolutely use Major (Irish Mike) when I'm not feeling like doing the work myself.

I live in Henderson as well and do all my own work. Not a certified mechanic by any means, but I've done my own oil, final drive, valve and cam checks, tire changes, brakes, and I have a GS911 to reset the service lights and read and clear any codes.

Nothing against Eurocycles, they went through a number of service managers after they "absorbed" BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas and things were somewhat "unsettled" for a while. IIRC the service manager now is a guy named Miller, who was the service manager for years at the old BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas when it was over by the 215 and Rainbow. I always had good service from him and he seemed like a pretty straight shooter.

I prefer to do my own work simply because I know that nobody else is going to take the care to do it like I want. Plus, it's always good to have a close look at everything once in a while. If you want your service light extinguished, I'm sure we can figure out a time to make that happen.

I live in Henderson as well and do all my own work. Not a certified mechanic by any means, but I've done my own oil, final drive, valve and cam checks, tire changes, brakes, and I have a GS911 to reset the service lights and read and clear any codes.

Nothing against Eurocycles, they went through a number of service managers after they "absorbed" BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas and things were somewhat "unsettled" for a while. IIRC the service manager now is a guy named Miller, who was the service manager for years at the old BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas when it was over by the 215 and Rainbow. I always had good service from him and he seemed like a pretty straight shooter.

I prefer to do my own work simply because I know that nobody else is going to take the care to do it like I want. Plus, it's always good to have a close look at everything once in a while. If you want your service light extinguished, I'm sure we can figure out a time to make that happen.

If you're still willing, I'll take you up on that offer.
Getting ready for a ride to Houston and back and it would be great to have my screen clear and happy.
I'm also servicing my forks (seals/fluid change) before I head out if you wanted to tackle that. I've never done it, but it looks simple enough and I noticed a bunch of oil dumping out of my right stanchion yesterday... Luckily I noticed early and none got to my brakes/pads.

If you're still willing, I'll take you up on that offer.
Getting ready for a ride to Houston and back and it would be great to have my screen clear and happy.
I'm also servicing my forks (seals/fluid change) before I head out if you wanted to tackle that. I've never done it, but it looks simple enough and I noticed a bunch of oil dumping out of my right stanchion yesterday... Luckily I noticed early and none got to my brakes/pads.

Always willing. When are you headed to Houston? I'm out of of town starting Tuesday and won't be back until Sunday. My "weekends" are Thursday/Friday so that would be the best for me. I've never done fork seals, but we can get her up on the lift and between the two of us and YouTube, I've got the tools and the time. Make sure there aren't any specialty tools required.

Let me know. If nothing else, we can reset your service light.

Always willing. When are you headed to Houston? I'm out of of town starting Tuesday and won't be back until Sunday. My "weekends" are Thursday/Friday so that would be the best for me. I've never done fork seals, but we can get her up on the lift and between the two of us and YouTube, I've got the tools and the time. Make sure there aren't any specialty tools required.

Let me know. If nothing else, we can reset your service light.

Thanks CaptainM - I'm heading out on July 17. Took care of my fork already. I was lucky that one of my hairs got trapped in the seal when I was working on the front end of my bike. Pulled the stanchion out, wiped down the seals, pulled a hair away and all better now. I do have all the seals to do it officially when I get back, but getting another 4k miles on it will put it at the exact recommended service interval so I'm going to do the overhaul when I get back and it's a nicer temp in my garage. It looks really simple and I have lots of bearing pull tools (for bicycles) which should do the trick.

I'm over my OCD on the service light. :) Especially since I'll need to reset it in just a month anyway... Thanks for the offer, but I'm good to go!

Bumping this again. My go to place, Major Powersports with "Irish Mike" seems to have permanently closed.
Checking in to see if anyone knows where he may be wrenching or if they have any other go to mechanics when in a pinch.

Back