• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Airhawk now offering complete seats

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
I was looking through the March ON and noticed an ad for Airhawk seats along with the usual seat accessories (pads). I use an Airhawk on the F800GS and while not perfect (for me), it does help. It looks like Airhawk now offers complete seats built in conjunction with a seat maker Danny Gray-

Every AIRHAWK seat pan is built on the patented IST (Independent Suspension Technology) from Danny Gray Custom Motorcycle Seats. This new, exclusive line gives riders the option of AIRHAWK’s scientifically proven and comfortable Air Cell Technology fully integrated with IST. These sleek, new designs provide the highest quality expected by discerning riders.
Here is the one for the F800GS-

FA-BMW-0010AIR-AIRHAWK.jpg

I don't know how it will actually work out but would like to hear from anyone that has tried one. Delivery time of around 2 weeks looks like a plus.

https://airhawk.net/product-category/seats/

OM

I believe Airhawk had a booth at Des Moines (okay, my memory may be fuzzy as I pretty much stopped at every booth). I hope they are planning on attending the 2019 Tennessee rally and will be bringing the RT seats for sale. I would like to check them out before I commit to such a $$$ purchase. :dance

Seat

I purchased on for a 2018 RT last June just before the DSM rally. I only had it about a week before the show and had just a short time to get some miles on it. They made an error in the seat pan and the Rep from Airhawk/Danny Gray seats actually came to my home to see what the problem was. They ended up redesigning the seat pan and widening the seat with a cutout for my tailbone. I got the seat in September just before a 1,000 mile trip. I bought the one with the air bladder.

Great company to work with. In the end it didn't work out as I hoped with the air bladder built into the seat. I can ride for a 100 miles vs. maybe 50 on the stock seat before I start to get uncomfortable. If I were to buy this seat again, I am not sure I would add the airhawk bladder.

I appreciate the information on the seat. Did you have their low RT seat or the Standard one? I have a standard Sargent (on the low setting) and I have done over 1000 on it in a day (yes, I felt the pain but I wanted my saddle sore recognition). However, I am always looking.

The Sargent does allow me to put both feet down when stopped, but I am on my toes and have to pay a lot of attention to the ground setup before stopping.. I really wanted to get a RDL but I'm vertically challenged and it will take me out of my comfort range when stopped. :)

I appreciate the information on the seat. Did you have their low RT seat or the Standard one? I have a standard Sargent (on the low setting) and I have done over 1000 on it in a day (yes, I felt the pain but I wanted my saddle sore recognition). However, I am always looking.

The Sargent does allow me to put both feet down when stopped, but I am on my toes and have to pay a lot of attention to the ground setup before stopping.. I really wanted to get a RDL but I'm vertically challenged and it will take me out of my comfort range when stopped. :)

I bought the standard seat. It is pretty close to stock for seat height. I am 5'-9" and don't have any issues with getting flat footed with the Airhawk. I sent my stock seat pan to RDL earlier this month. I may have a Airhawk for sale. I sure hope the RDL does the trick for me.

I have always heard great reviews of RDL seats. I don't have faith in me being to order one long distance. If I could do a ride in fitting, I would buy one. Let us know how it works out.
OM

I have always heard great reviews of RDL seats. I don't have faith in me being to order one long distance. If I could do a ride in fitting, I would buy one. Let us know how it works out.
OM

The rally will be in the West in 2020. At most it would be a 1500 mile side trip to RDL. Easy day trip. Go for it!

Back