• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The first Tenn BMWMOA Rally

MTHelmet

MTHelmet
WHO was at the first TENN Rally?

Clue it was way back, in 1981.

Anyone remember were in Tenn was it held ?

Attendance? numbers

An anything else that may help jog the old brain.

George aka MTHelmet:thumb

This was my first rally. My head was on a swivel because I'd hardly ever seen another BMW. And here I was in the land of Airheads and /2 machines. Eye candy all around!

Loation: Loretta Lynn’s Dude Ranch

Two youngish guys on 2 /2’s seem to have gotten together to build a couple of sets of plywood saddlebags.
They musta run outa time or enthusiasm and only managed 1 set, which proudly supplied each bike with 1 bag each. One a right and the other a left.
They pulled off the main “Midway” and threw down a couple of Army Sleeping Bags. Quickest camping set up I ever saw. I wouldn’t call it tenting as there was not one.

Breakfast in the closest town had only 1 waitress and not hired any extra help for the 100 plus “Bikers” who ate there that Saturday morning. All the Rally folks took over the Making and Serving the coffee that morning.

The Mayor of the closest town got up at the closing ceremonies and apologized for not Being “ready”.
He said something like “Y’all told us you were coming (5,000 +- and might have been 6,000) and we didn’t believe you.”
He also added that he just could not believe that with that large a crowd, there were only 2 people in jail.
Very admirable in his opinion.

Charlie

Back