• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need front rim for 1999 R1100RT

discoboy

Was just taking my wheels off to have tires put on for the upcoming season and discovered my front rim is badly dented! Ugh.

So, looking for a stock front rim for a 1999 R1100RT. Used is fine if someone has one, preferably in good condition. Any help greatly appreciated!

Since we don't do buying/selling in the forum, it would be best if you were to put something in the Marketplace link at the top of the page. If someone wants to contact him, recommend you use the PM function.

If you put the front rim part number - 36312311220 - into the search box on eBay you will get at least 2 or 3 used front wheels available for between $100 and $175 including shipping. It would require you to remove the rotors from your current wheel and transfer them.

Whoops - the $75 rim (plus $25 ship.) has a big ding on one side of the rim. So that one isn't much better than the one you already have...

Last edited:
Check with your local dealer. Many times they will something like that off older bikes sitting in back storage.

Just a caution. The wheel I sent to Woody's to be repaired is a wheel I bought used on FleaBay as a good wheel. I'd have been better off sending my old wheel from the start. I now plan to have the original repaired as a spare to my spare. I also start used wheels off with new bearings and seals, because there is no knowing the miles and abuse the wheel was subjected to. Disks and bobbins can also show up in need of replacement.

It is not a gimme that the used FleaBay wheel will show up straight and true with good bearings, seals, and disks - in fact, it is probably unlikely. I have a set of wheels from my now gone 2004 R1150R that I plan to sell. But before I do, I will replace the front wheel bearings and seals. I don't like to do people like I often get done.

The wheel you have may be better then an unknown wheel you buy. At least you know the history of your wheel. I've sent wheels to Woody's in Colorado before, the last being a 2005 R1200gs cast wheel that I bent pretty badly. I didn't think it was repairable, got it back straight and true. They do a nice job at a price that is fair.
Nothing beats knowing the job has been done correctly, especially when it is your front wheel at 75 MPH...

The wheel you have may be better then an unknown wheel you buy. At least you know the history of your wheel. I've sent wheels to Woody's in Colorado before, the last being a 2005 R1200gs cast wheel that I bent pretty badly. I didn't think it was repairable, got it back straight and true. They do a nice job at a price that is fair.
Nothing beats knowing the job has been done correctly, especially when it is your front wheel at 75 MPH...

I have a spare 1100RT rear wheel that is bent just enough to cause a vibration at HWY speeds. I've been wondering what a typical wheel straightening like this would cost at a place like Woody's. Ballpark is fine. With the CDN $ in the tank I'm in no hurry to get if fixed but it would be nice to have my spare wheel back. It's great for wearing out tires locally with life left in them but not enough to take a long trip on.

I have a spare 1100RT rear wheel that is bent just enough to cause a vibration at HWY speeds. I've been wondering what a typical wheel straightening like this would cost at a place like Woody's. Ballpark is fine. With the CDN $ in the tank I'm in no hurry to get if fixed but it would be nice to have my spare wheel back. It's great for wearing out tires locally with life left in them but not enough to take a long trip on.

Been a while since I had mine done, but as it recall the repair was $150.00 plus shipping. All and all it was about $185.00. If you go to thier web site they have a price list. I remember they had some specific shipping instructions indicating they frowned on styrofoam peanuts for packing maerial.

Back