• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Int. Motorcycle Show at Chicago

TEDZEMLICKA

I wasn't able to go this year. Any feedback from anyone who attended? Historically, it seems to get a little smaller each year.

Minneapolis was pretty thin this year. No BMW factory, no Harley, no Honda, no Ducati and of course, no Ducati girls. If it keeps going like this they will have to move it to someone's garage!

Thin

Sounds very thin, it boggles the mind that Harley would not make the show in Minneapolis, I wanted to go to Chicago to the show but I hate paying to go and have people sell me stuff and would hate to pay and not see stuff. I did not go to Chicago because tickets were several dollars more than Cleveland, Dallas, Washington and Minneapolis shows.

Yeah, it blew my mind that Harley couldn't make the 500 mile trip. St. Paul Harley showed up in force though, perhaps there was some agreement from the MoCo and St. Paul HD. I wanted to see the Livewire in person.

I went just to get a pair of earbuds from Fit-Ear and check out helmets.

Seemed about the same as last year, and the year before. BMW, Harley, Honda - all in attendance. No Ducati girls though - sadly missed. Huge Indian display.

No MOA presence anymore either.

Snowed plenty on Saturday - bummer.

Still - had a good time and SO walked away with a new 3/4 jacket. :dance

I've always considered the Chicago show the first sign of spring, and I looked forward to it at first, and then it kept getting worse. This year I thought about going.. Usually it takes me a while to remember why I don't go, and apparently my memory was better this year:scratch

Crowds, pirates, lack of interesting things.. Meh..

Maybe I'll go next year?? I forget.:thumb

I went and agree it was a little thin in vendors, but was impressed by the number of great mid to low priced bike offerings that should go a long way to enticing new riders to the sport. From BMW to Royal Enfield, smaller and more affordable bikes took the spotlight. I was disappointed that Ural wasn't there, nor the vendor anti gravity, but managed to lose some money to vendors like Pit Bull, glass beads for tire balance etc. Also two thumbs up to more customer interactive promotions such as the willy simulator and the zero motorcycle demo area. Of course, Progressive always has their bling booth along with hair cuts, beard trimming and fake tattoo booths that seem to be very popular each year. I probably spent more time walking through the show this year than in years past, or I'm just getting older and wearing out more, but I thoroughly enjoyed this years show. I kept walking back and forth between the BMW 310 and Royal Endfield Himalayan motorcycle to try and decide which one I liked better for a smaller lighter old persons bike. :) So, I still consider the event a success and plan on returning next year and hope folks remember how important it is to support shows such as the Progressive MC show to allow us both a distraction from the winter blues and a great opportunity to get exposure to new concepts like the Yamaha Niiken twin fork motorcycle to the tried and true Triumphs, BMW's and HD motorcycles. A great time and now I'm ready for March Moto Madness....

I soooooo wish I had the extra vacation to get back to MMM!!!!

Have fun for me, please!!

I went and agree it was a little thin in vendors, but was impressed by the number of great mid to low priced bike offerings that should go a long way to enticing new riders to the sport. From BMW to Royal Enfield, smaller and more affordable bikes took the spotlight. I was disappointed that Ural wasn't there, nor the vendor anti gravity, but managed to lose some money to vendors like Pit Bull, glass beads for tire balance etc. Also two thumbs up to more customer interactive promotions such as the willy simulator and the zero motorcycle demo area. Of course, Progressive always has their bling booth along with hair cuts, beard trimming and fake tattoo booths that seem to be very popular each year. I probably spent more time walking through the show this year than in years past, or I'm just getting older and wearing out more, but I thoroughly enjoyed this years show. I kept walking back and forth between the BMW 310 and Royal Endfield Himalayan motorcycle to try and decide which one I liked better for a smaller lighter old persons bike. :) So, I still consider the event a success and plan on returning next year and hope folks remember how important it is to support shows such as the Progressive MC show to allow us both a distraction from the winter blues and a great opportunity to get exposure to new concepts like the Yamaha Niiken twin fork motorcycle to the tried and true Triumphs, BMW's and HD motorcycles. A great time and now I'm ready for March Moto Madness....

:thumb

This time of year, when 'cabin fever' is in triple digits, the IMS is a great shot in the arm - a welcome distraction from shoveling snow or watching the furnace bill skyrocket.

It's what you make of it - I was not shopping for anything or contemplating a new bike - we still had a good time! :dance

Back