Thread: ABS Brake Failure Warning light

ABS Brake Failure Warning light

I replaced the battery and just noticed the ABS battery failure warning light is flashing and will not stop. Did I read somewhere that some sort of re-setting might be required due to the disconnecting of the battery?

STAN
    I think once you drive a short distance, and the battery becomes fully charged, it will go back to normal.

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by SRBaldie
    Did I read somewhere that some sort of re-setting might be required due to the disconnecting of the battery?
    no, you shouldn't have to do any sort of "re-setting" in terms of abs. the new battery is probably just slightly below peak charge and causing the ABS to fault. A 10 mile ride, pulling over to the side of the road shutting the bike off the turning it back on is all you really need to do.

the only thing you need to re-set is the throttle positioning sensor. after removing a battery and replaing it with a new one (or disconnecting a battery for any reason) you should (before turning the bike on) open and close the throttle all the way 2 times to re-set this sensor........

On my 99 R1100R I have to have the engine running, engage the tranny, cut the engine off, leave the ignition on, hit the ABS button on my dash, and the restart the engine. Quirky but works for me.