Max weight = 992
    Left bag=30
    right bag=30
    racks=22
    me=180
    passenger=125
    bike=525
    camping gear=23
    935 pounds total. If I'm solo, only 810. Give or take another 20 pounds leeway just to be safe and I'm still below max weight. Being able to go from max 44#'s in the Varios to 60#'s in the Lone Riders gets rid of the blue dry bag where the passenger seat would be. Lower COG, less drag and 18.4% under max weight one up and 5.8% under max weight two up.

When you've taken a trip, how close are you to max weight in gear? Does it matter?
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

What is the specific model? Might be more helpful for someone else making some comparisons.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    What is the specific model? Might be more helpful for someone else making some comparisons.
    Sorry about that, I've edited the post to reflect the bike

2012 R1200GS
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

Did you include your ridding gear?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Did you include your ridding gear?

In the give or take 20#'s which would include the riding gear/helmet and things in my pockets. Most of the time I'm solo so I'd still be 105#'s under max weight. I doubt I'd take more than 10#'s of clothes and allotted for 20. The rain gear/gloves etc are already figured into the pannier weight.

NOT MY BIKE

attachment-23.jpeg

I look at my loaded bike, compare to this shot and figure I am wayyyy below limits everytime.

My sidecases end up with less weight, at least on one side as it has quick need items like raingear,heated gear first aid kit,and such. The drive side has tools and associated bike items...and every trip I lighten it if possible from experiences and lessons learned.

Since there is never a pillion, I do at least figure total added load should be an average persons weight. Typically on long trips for us, there are two bikes to split up camping gear...a luxury some do not have.

Also, all suggested weights are on the low side for the liability lawyers which is fine, but know I can push that number in an emergency.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

How to hell did he get that on the center stand?

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    NOT MY BIKE

attachment-23.jpeg

I look at my loaded bike, compare to this shot and figure I am wayyyy below limits everytime.

My sidecases end up with less weight, at least on one side as it has quick need items like raingear,heated gear first aid kit,and such. The drive side has tools and associated bike items...and every trip I lighten it if possible from experiences and lessons learned.

Since there is never a pillion, I do at least figure total added load should be an average persons weight. Typically on long trips for us, there are two bikes to split up camping gear...a luxury some do not have.

Also, all suggested weights are on the low side for the liability lawyers which is fine, but know I can push that number in an emergency.
    Where did Helen get all that stuff?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Even H travels lighter than that! She laughs at my huge MotoFizz when it's expanded.

Poor bike, can you imagine a drop...would take a bit of off loading to find the bike
    And yes, putting it on the centerstand must be a chore.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Maybe the Wife threw him out.