• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do you clean Gas stain on engine K1200GT 2003

jrmull

Hi,

I have a yellow gas stain on the engine aluminum area. Any idea how to clean it?

Prior to my ownership (+3 yrs ago), there must have been a gas leak on the connectors. All repairs fixed but there is a yellow gas stain on the engine just above the rear brake peddle. I see the warranty paperwork show the fuel lines and connectors changed.

Bike is a 2003 K1200GT. Scotchbrite? Leave it alone, nothing good will happen. Put a sticker on it?

Thanks

The best you can do is gently use a heat gun to warm the stain area. Or park in the Sun for a few months. You can minimize the stain, but it will never completely go away.

Been there...

The return fuel line on our past 2004 K1200RS let go and spewed gas over me, the bike and Wanda's boots.

The engine was stained. The only repair that would bring the bike back to "as new", it was new, was to replace the stained pieces.

After three years of polishing and cleaning, when I traded her in the stains were not that visible. I knew they were there, but to the casual observer they were not that noticeable.

Enjoy the Brick!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will just leave it alone. It doesn't bug me that much, just trying to keep it well maintained.

Back