• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

06 F 650 GS Dakar-cooling

nortoneye

So my 06 Dakar was overheating when pushed (climbing hills, idling in traffic, etc) Appears fan motor is done-jumped from the battery, nothing. I have read that some K bike fans are identical and much less expensive, anybody with experience out there? Flushing the cooling system needs to be done as well. The bike is in storage in Germany and I am hoping the fan replacement and coolant flush is only a 1 day job. Look forward to any advice from folks who have had similar issues

thanks

jim

F650 Dakar cooling update

As I mentioned, I had over heating issues. Ended up replacing thermostat, water pump seals ( which were leaking), water pump shaft and impeller and cooling fan. The K bike fan fit perfectly. After a coolant and oil change, all is well. Kodos to HIB moto un Sibiu, Romania who serviced the bike while I was on the road

As I mentioned, I had over heating issues. Ended up replacing thermostat, water pump seals ( which were leaking), water pump shaft and impeller and cooling fan. The K bike fan fit perfectly. After a coolant and oil change, all is well. Kodos to HIB moto un Sibiu, Romania who serviced the bike while I was on the road

The water pump seals and shaft are a known issue on earlier bikes....

Man, it is great to find a good shop that will take care you you while you’re on the road. :thumb

The water pump seals and shaft are a known issue on earlier bikes....

Man, it is great to find a good shop that will take care you you while you’re on the road. :thumb

Yes-Thanks to Colin from "Carpathians on Two Wheels" for calling and arranging the service. Met by complete chance at a gas station where he happened to be having a cup of coffee. The guys at HIB spent 4 hours of labor including the oil change for 470 Romanian Lei ($107.56). I had the water pump parts along as well as an extra oil filter. Amazing how well things turn our sometimes!

Back