• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2019 Blitz to Branson

ragtoplvr

This is a copy from the IBMWR site, welcome to all of course.

BIG thanks to Karen and any others ones that help with all the work in keeping the list updated.

$ 58 for a nice clean room in Branson is a bargain these days. If you have ever wanted to see a show in Branson or have famous rolls thrown at you this would be a good time to go. The traffic is usually less this time of year.

* 2019 IBMWR Blitz to Branson **

April 26 - 28, 2019

Join us for the 24th year of great riding roads in the Ozark Mountains! No
frills, no fees, just great people, wonderful roads and lots of tire
kicking. Bring a door prize, munchies, beverages and YOU!

MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS:

Honeysuckle Inn and Conference Center

3598 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, Branson MO 65616

888-386-3648 <(888)%20386-3648> or 417-335-2030 <(417)%20335-2030>
Internet BMW Riders (IBMWR) for the special rate.
The Honeysuckle Inn rooms are all non-smoking, $58 for a double with 2
queen beds, king is $65. **Two day cancellation policy**

The meeting room will be available for check in, drop off
any door prizes that you want to bring, socializing and the Gathering
Saturday night at approximately 8 pm.

I will be Keeper Of the List for this year, please email me you names and
state with 'Branson Blitz' in the Subject line to keep it updated.

Karen Mans neraksr@gmail.com

Thanks to all that attend.

Rod

BUMP

less than 2 weeks left. It should be fun

weather looks good

Rod

Been twice and will never forget my first trip in 2007 (remembered fondly). It used to be held in early April.

Temperatures in my area never got above 36F. While sitting on the Ambassador Bridge, a massive snow storm began which had me riding in it for two hours. Visibility wasn't great but at least the snow melted as it hit the road. Snow was followed by very, very cold rain and lightning and hail storms. Temperatures hovered around 28F or lower. Once there I believe that it rained most of the weekend. My riding partner decided to take a scenic route from his place in southern Illinois which had us arriving at about 9:30 that evening. Unfortunately, thirty miles or so, with him behind me, his front wheel washed out resulting in paramedics being called. He was sore all over, but we rode into Branson.

Second trip in 2010 (may have been held later in April) was warmer, but lots of rain again (and tornadoes).

The Branson Blitz is a good weekend but me, living where I do, has had me cancel my reservation several times due to inclement weather. I'm not as hardy as I used to be.:lol

weather report for this weekend is 78,81 and 82. the horrible winds we have been having are supposed to moderate a lot.

Should be good riding.

Hoe to see lots there.

Rod

Another great gathering. Hope everyone had a safe and uneventful trip home!

Paul & I had a great time! Thanks to Karen for all she did to organize this. We had a great ride home and NO RAIN :)(unlike the ride up). It was good to see everyone again.

Back