Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbin Seats??

ghostrider44

Corbin Seats??

I've had my GS about 3 months, 3000 miles, and stock GS seat is wearing me OUT! Bought alaska leather and didnt help me at all! So I was wondering if anyone had experience with Corbin seats in general, but specifically a GS.. thanks a bunch!!

Ryan

2005 R1200GS

Jim Bud

Depends on your butt....

If your butt likes a corbin, like mine does, you can ride forever on one without having it hurt...

BTW, I will have an 1150GS Corbin for sale pretty soon....

Let me know if you are interested....
    Jim Bud...

Rally Rat
    Jim Bud,

I sent you an email.

Sarah

Jim Bud

I will know the timing later this week.

But I definitely will have one for sale...

You are first on my list...

Quote Originally Posted by greer
    Jim Bud,

I sent you an email.

Sarah
    Jim Bud...

jeffpugh

Seems good

I had a corbin on my F650GS which did well for me on a 3000 mile trip up and down the coast last fall. When I traded in for my R1200GS last month I went ahead and ordered their standard tuck and roll with no welt for the front saddle (carbon fiber style leather - same as my earlier one). I've put a thousand miles or so on it and it seems great so far.

The stock seat of the 1200 seemed better then the stock seat of the F650 but my previous experience with the Corbin - plus the ease of ordering the seat - is what convinced me to do it. I think a lot of people initially feel that the Corbin's are too hard. But my experience, especially after it broke in, is that it seemed just about right. The other plus with the Corbin is I've got the stock seat handy. The stock seat, at the lower setting, allows me to flat foot both sides of the bike simultaneously. I would probably put it back on for extended off-pavement riding. The down side of the Corbin is lack of adjustability on the height. Also the release mechanism for the seat was tight until I did a little filing and lubing.

From browsing the forums it sounds like there are better, or more highly thought of, seats available. But the Corbin has worked for me. If you can, pick up the seat in Hollister. They will feed you and they have some cool stuff on display. Also they can tweak or decorate your seat at no extra charge.

My K100RS had a Corbin on it when I bought it (Gunfighter) and I did a 719 mile trip in one day on it with no problems. I guess some people's butts don't like Corbins, the only way to find out it to try I guess. It looks like you wouldn't have any trouble selling it if you don't like it. Plus, I think they are a lot more affordable than some of the others.
    Chris

charleshickman
    I have two Corbin seats currently, out of a total of four since I started riding. I like them. The Corbin I have on my r1150r was an enormous improvement over stock.

I haven't tried Sargent or any of the Mayers, so I can't offer comparisons. I did see that Sargent just introduced a seat for the r1200gs.

sportridertex
    I had a Corbin seat on a Virago 750, comfortable, but weighted a lot..

Smile Corbin Seats

I've had Corbin seats on a 02GS and a K75 loved both seats.Had a Russell on a 99RT I believe it was probably a little nicer (lighter) but had to wait a long time to get it.Sargent and Mayer are supposed to be good also but don't have any exp with them.Getting ready now to order a Corbin for my R1150R.I think for the money you can't go wrong

Rally Rat
    Is anyone else dissappointed with the Alaska Leather pad? Wasted money for me. Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack.

Rally Rat
    Is anyone else dissappointed with the Alaska Leather pads? Wasted money for me. Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack.

Rally Rat
    Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack

Twice!!!

I love my Alaska leather.

RWagnerfoto

Corbin

Had a Corbin on my 96 R11RT and liked it. Rode many 800 - 1100 mile days with no serious pain. Don't expect any customer service if you have problems. It doesn't exist at Corbin.

Still using the stock seat on my 05 GS12. I did rig the adjustment to ride on the high slots in the front and the low slots in back. Eliminated the slide forward problem.

Corbin seat for my R1150RT is super comfortable, but is higher and wider than the stock seat, so not for the vertically challenged. I sent mine back to Corbin for adjustment, but it came back pretty much the same as it went in. I sent it back again and am now waiting to see if they can trim it down so I can get my feet on the ground (BTW I'm 5'10" with a 30"inseam.