• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2019 NASCAR Schedule and Enthusiasts thread

Makes it all the more impressive that F1 engines (V6, 1.6 liter, 98 CID) are approaching 700 BHP. There are claims the the Mercedes engine is over 800. Imagine that in a K1600.

Just watching a replay of the Truck Series Race. Great race with a lot of action. For whatever reason, a lot of the wrecks involved under-hood fires 🔥
OM

They just interviewed Roger Penske. A ball of energy at 81 years old, good for him. :thumb
om

This was a great race :thumb I wonder if they will do a replay tomorrow. I keep thinking of the valve train at over 8,000 RPM's. So much technology in safety in this cars. Some day I hope to walk the track at Daytona.
OM

18 car crash with 9 laps to go. Another demolition derby. Is this really racing?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...-with-just-9-laps-to-go/ar-BBTJfjH?li=BBnb7Kz

No, it isn't racing. Nascar will push the "excitement of pack racing" and force that on announcers. When the finish position is determined not by skill and planning, but by luck, I see crowds and viewer ratings continuing to drop. I HATE stage racing. Nascar has always been an endurance race. To bad if you don't have your car right. Deal with it. Bill Elliot came back from 2 1/2 laps down, ALL UNDER GREEN, at Talledega. Didn't need any stages.

Do I seem bitter? I am. First race I attended was the World 600 in 1982. There is no excitement, no buzz like there was in the past. All about the driver with carefully manicured nails and beard. There is no brand presence like there was. You have to look for the hood sticker to see what car it is. It used to be you rooted for your driver, brand. Safety? You can have that with show room spec cars. Bring back the real shapes with little aero help. Guess what? Speeds are WAY down. Drivers are wet with sweat from "steering" the car the whole race.

Sorry, but this years Daytona was miserable to watch.

The new intake engine next week?, should make a difference? Are there any other changes? Just asking. I think there's no more plate racing after yesterday.

I think I heard it referred to as a “tapered” plate. I don’t know what that means. Dave will know.
OM

Tracks over 1.2 miles long will have approx. 550 HP. The shorter tracks & the road courses will have approx. 750 HP. All engines now will have a tapered spacer.

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) in California builds the Toyota Engines. Richard Childress Engines & Rick Hendrick Engines build all the Chevrolet engines. I work at Roush Yates Engines and we build all of the Ford engines. The engines are owned by the engine company's and are leased to the race teams. The engines are built to NASCAR spec.

Hey Saddleman......are those "LT"'s K1200LT's or 11's or ?.......just bein' nosy...:)

Back