• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pre-rally cabin share in Western NC?

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
On the way to the rally Glenlivet and I will be spending a few days riding the hills of east TN and west NC, probably dipping down into northern SC and GA. I'm always a bit nervous about leaving gear unattended in a campground, so was thinking of renting an Air BnB cabin. If it's just the two of us we could afford a chicken coop...but if there are 2-3 others interested we could pool our resources and rent a three bedroom cabin with a view, screened porch, etc. Must love dogs, of course.

Any interest in sharing a place (and Scotch) with us from Sunday thru Wednesday before the rally?

Pete (and Glenlivet)

34.jpg

There will be a few of us staying at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge www.ironhorsenc.com in Robbinsville NC on Tuesday & Wednesday before we head to the rally on Thursday Morning.

I have been going there for over 10 years now 2 to 3 times a year. Depending on the route to the rally it is about 200 to 230 miles from the Lodge. They have camping, bunkhouses, cabins, private rooms and whole house rentals. They serve breakfast & dinner.

There will be a few of us staying at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge www.ironhorsenc.com in Robbinsville NC on Tuesday & Wednesday before we head to the rally on Thursday Morning.

I have been going there for over 10 years now 2 to 3 times a year. Depending on the route to the rally it is about 200 to 230 miles from the Lodge. They have camping, bunkhouses, cabins, private rooms and whole house rentals. They serve breakfast & dinner.

I considered that, Dave. Not sure about the heat and humidity down there in June though. Camping can be hit or miss; I can sweat but Glenlivet can't.

Pete

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campgrounds is nice. I stayed there a few nights. Elevation is good for lower temps at night and the babbling brook was nice, too.

We have two confirmed and one checking on vacation time. If you want to get on the alternate list please PM. This place looks awesome! Three bedrooms each on a different level for privacy, two open decks with lake views and one screened porch if the bugs are out, paved driveway off a short but well maintained dirt road, easy access to the Dragon and Cherohala to the north and the waterfalls from Franklin to Highlands/Sapphire to the south. Gated community so no security concerns.

Imagine yourself sipping Scotch among friends with a view like this!

Overall.jpg

LowerDeck.jpg

Screened.jpg

LivingRoom.jpg

Back