• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aux light mounting options

sgilbert315

I don't even have the bike yet, pick it up April 1, but I already have a set of Denali D2's one the way. I had this on my last 2 bikes and wanted them on the 03 RT. But ublike the other bikes I am not finding much in way of mounting options. Denali selle ths universal offset fender ones but I am sure that I am missing what other optionsa are out there.

Motolights (I had some on my 1150RS) had the caliper mount option. They supplied the mount and a single longer brake caliper mount bolt. Maybe they have a similar mount?

I would like to mount my Denali lights in the same place that you have yours. I assume you drilled holes from the underside of that area. Is that how you installed them and was it difficult to drill through the plastic?

Also have a very similar '04 with lights in same place. The light bracket mounted to some pre-existing holes/bolts. Just unbolted, mounted the brackets/lights and tightened the bolts. Did the same with a previous '02 K1200RS, same mounting points.

Mine were originally mounted under the oil cooler but the triangle was too small (for my liking) and on occasion, they would hit the front fender and left marks on the fender.

Also have a very similar '04 with lights in same place. The light bracket mounted to some pre-existing holes/bolts. Just unbolted, mounted the brackets/lights and tightened the bolts. Did the same with a previous '02 K1200RS, same mounting points.

Thanks. I will look for those bolt holes to use. I will also have to get some brackets or fabricate them.

Mine were originally mounted under the oil cooler but the triangle was too small (for my liking) and on occasion, they would hit the front fender and left marks on the fender.

Thanks for the info. These lights are fairly small. I will make sure they are well above the fender.

Here are some inexpensive LED lights I got off ebay, had to make brackets to mount on my RS model. Since I didn't have heated grips, bought some OEM switches which I used to turn them off an on/off.

Attachments

• LITE1.JPG
    LITE1.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 142
  • RunLite1.JPG
    RunLite1.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Lite.JPG
    Lite.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 142
Back