Thread: Hello from Arizona

Hello from Arizona

Hi Just wanted to say hello. Just recently purchased a 2009 G650 GS. I'm a distributor rep in the powersports industry. Longtime rider of Harley Davidson (since I was 16), Buell, VTwin customs and Bultaco and Montessa back in the day. Currently have 7 bikes in the stable. 1968 HD FLH, 1987 Honda XR350R, 1994 FXRP converted to an RT, 1996 Buell S2, 2005 John Reed designed V Bike, 2008 Buell Ulysses and now the G650. Looking forward to some fun on this little mule cause working on it so far has not been fun, lol.
    Joey

Welcome to the forum

A lot of us have multiple bike syndrome...all good! Post some pics of your other bikes in the Photography section thread of the same name. Haven't seen a XR350 in awhile.

And the thumper 650 is a workhorse, we have one as well. The standard joke/reality is all maintenance begins with removal of left turn signal.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Welcome to the forum

A lot of us have multiple bike syndrome...all good! Post some pics of your other bikes in the Photography section thread of the same name. Haven't seen a XR350 in awhile.

And the thumper 650 is a workhorse, we have one as well. The standard joke/reality is all maintenance begins with removal of left turn signal.
    Thanks! I will do that. I'm chasing a brake light issue and the first thing I did was remove the left turn signal lol!

Welcome fr one N00B to another.

I/we just relocated from MD to AL, but winter is making itself felt right now here in the East.
    Hope you can enjoy your newest 'work horse' in the friendlier climes of AZ.
    You neglect to say which part of that beautiful state you are inhabiting.
    Personally, Team Ager, are both ASU grads - - Let's Go Devils!!!
    Happy Trails, HSV-Phil

Quote Originally Posted by HSVPhil View Post
    I/we just relocated from MD to AL, but winter is making itself felt right now here in the East.
    Hope you can enjoy your newest 'work horse' in the friendlier climes of AZ.
    You neglect to say which part of that beautiful state you are inhabiting.
    Personally, Team Ager, are both ASU grads - - Let's Go Devils!!!
    Happy Trails, HSV-Phil
    Hi Phil,
    I live in Apache Junction but am from Tallahassee FL originally and lived in Nashville TN for decades (read old fart) was stationed at Ft Rucker AL, NASA was one of my clients in a different chapter so spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. Still have family in Montgomery and Wetumpka.
    Heading down to Green Valley, Patagonia area for a weekend of camping and riding, looking forward to it on the 650!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj55 View Post
    Hi Phil,
    I live in Apache Junction but am from Tallahassee FL originally and lived in Nashville TN for decades (read old fart) was stationed at Ft Rucker AL, NASA was one of my clients in a different chapter so spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. Still have family in Montgomery and Wetumpka.
    Heading down to Green Valley, Patagonia area for a weekend of camping and riding, looking forward to it on the 650!
    Welcome Joey, That is beautiful country down in the Patagonia area, check out the Velvet Elvis Pizza Co. There are a lot of riders down by you on the local BMW forum; http://www.azbeemers.org check them out for some posted rides.

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Had the side covers off changing the air filter but she's all there and a runner!

Honda XR350R resized.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Moto316 View Post
    Welcome Joey, That is beautiful country down in the Patagonia area, check out the Velvet Elvis Pizza Co. There are a lot of riders down by you on the local BMW forum; http://www.azbeemers.org check them out for some posted rides.
    Thanks! It was a beautiful ride! Just enough rain to keep the dust down but not enough to break out rain gear. 18 of us so the cattle may never be the same, lol.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj55 View Post
    Hi Just wanted to say hello. Just recently purchased a 2009 G650 GS. I'm a distributor rep in the powersports industry. Longtime rider of Harley Davidson (since I was 16), Buell, VTwin customs and Bultaco and Montessa back in the day. Currently have 7 bikes in the stable. 1968 HD FLH, 1987 Honda XR350R, 1994 FXRP converted to an RT, 1996 Buell S2, 2005 John Reed designed V Bike, 2008 Buell Ulysses and now the G650. Looking forward to some fun on this little mule cause working on it so far has not been fun, lol.
    Joey
    Hey fellow desert rat,
    Welcome to the forum. Ossa and Maico back in another life. In Tucson here. If you get down in this direction Mt Lemon is at my back door. Always up for a jaunt up the hill.

Have you ever run into another rep named Russel Hacker? Tucker Rocky I believe. Great guy.
    Dan'l
    Just an old guy here. Killin' bugs at a extreme velocities since '68. Desert dweller.
    Current force: '77 R100/7 ,'85 K100RS-Aug84, '85K100RS-Aug84, '85 K100RS-June85, '93K1100LTSE,'93 K75LTP, '04K1200GT, '08K1200GT, (2)'72 CB 750s, '76 Honda CB500, '88 Honda XR600R