• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Arizona

joeyj55

Hi Just wanted to say hello. Just recently purchased a 2009 G650 GS. I'm a distributor rep in the powersports industry. Longtime rider of Harley Davidson (since I was 16), Buell, VTwin customs and Bultaco and Montessa back in the day. Currently have 7 bikes in the stable. 1968 HD FLH, 1987 Honda XR350R, 1994 FXRP converted to an RT, 1996 Buell S2, 2005 John Reed designed V Bike, 2008 Buell Ulysses and now the G650. Looking forward to some fun on this little mule cause working on it so far has not been fun, lol.
Joey

Welcome to the forum:wave

A lot of us have multiple bike syndrome...all good! Post some pics of your other bikes in the Photography section thread of the same name. Haven't seen a XR350 in awhile.

And the thumper 650 is a workhorse, we have one as well. The standard joke/reality is all maintenance begins with removal of left turn signal.

A lot of us have multiple bike syndrome...all good! Post some pics of your other bikes in the Photography section thread of the same name. Haven't seen a XR350 in awhile.

And the thumper 650 is a workhorse, we have one as well. The standard joke/reality is all maintenance begins with removal of left turn signal.

Thanks! I will do that. I'm chasing a brake light issue and the first thing I did was remove the left turn signal lol!

Welcome fr one N00B to another.

I/we just relocated from MD to AL, but winter is making itself felt right now here in the East.
Hope you can enjoy your newest 'work horse' in the friendlier climes of AZ.
You neglect to say which part of that beautiful state you are inhabiting.
Personally, Team Ager, are both ASU grads - - Let's Go Devils!!!
Happy Trails, HSV-Phil

I/we just relocated from MD to AL, but winter is making itself felt right now here in the East.
Hope you can enjoy your newest 'work horse' in the friendlier climes of AZ.
You neglect to say which part of that beautiful state you are inhabiting.
Personally, Team Ager, are both ASU grads - - Let's Go Devils!!!
Happy Trails, HSV-Phil

Hi Phil,
I live in Apache Junction but am from Tallahassee FL originally and lived in Nashville TN for decades (read old fart) was stationed at Ft Rucker AL, NASA was one of my clients in a different chapter so spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. Still have family in Montgomery and Wetumpka.
Heading down to Green Valley, Patagonia area for a weekend of camping and riding, looking forward to it on the 650!

Hi Phil,
I live in Apache Junction but am from Tallahassee FL originally and lived in Nashville TN for decades (read old fart) was stationed at Ft Rucker AL, NASA was one of my clients in a different chapter so spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. Still have family in Montgomery and Wetumpka.
Heading down to Green Valley, Patagonia area for a weekend of camping and riding, looking forward to it on the 650!

Welcome Joey, That is beautiful country down in the Patagonia area, check out the Velvet Elvis Pizza Co. There are a lot of riders down by you on the local BMW forum; http://www.azbeemers.org check them out for some posted rides.

Had the side covers off changing the air filter but she's all there and a runner!

Honda XR350R resized.jpg

Welcome Joey, That is beautiful country down in the Patagonia area, check out the Velvet Elvis Pizza Co. There are a lot of riders down by you on the local BMW forum; http://www.azbeemers.org check them out for some posted rides.

Thanks! It was a beautiful ride! Just enough rain to keep the dust down but not enough to break out rain gear. 18 of us so the cattle may never be the same, lol.

Greetings

Hi Just wanted to say hello. Just recently purchased a 2009 G650 GS. I'm a distributor rep in the powersports industry. Longtime rider of Harley Davidson (since I was 16), Buell, VTwin customs and Bultaco and Montessa back in the day. Currently have 7 bikes in the stable. 1968 HD FLH, 1987 Honda XR350R, 1994 FXRP converted to an RT, 1996 Buell S2, 2005 John Reed designed V Bike, 2008 Buell Ulysses and now the G650. Looking forward to some fun on this little mule cause working on it so far has not been fun, lol.
Joey

Hey fellow desert rat,
Welcome to the forum. Ossa and Maico back in another life. In Tucson here. If you get down in this direction Mt Lemon is at my back door. Always up for a jaunt up the hill.

Have you ever run into another rep named Russel Hacker? Tucker Rocky I believe. Great guy.
Dan'l

Back