Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: R1200RTW used value

Quote Originally Posted by dynajohn View Post
    No way I will sell or trade this 2016 R1200RT with this few miles and take a loss like that. Thanks for the input guys
    I would bet you could not get more than 14,500 to 15,000 for it outright in private sale if you were lucky. It is a buyers market right now.

If you wanted the best out of it I would think a trade in would be your best bet. You would receive the sales tax benefit as mentioned above.

I feel your pain as I let a 15 RT go to get into my 17.5 GS and I took a financial bath.

I did it to get a GS with less weight then my RT and to get the upgraded transmission.

I did not want TFT but wanted LED headlight.

I also got a low which was the biggest reason. Once I sat on a low it was over I knew I had to have a low bike. My inseam and I had been fussing with the LT then the RT for too long.
    Lee
    2017.5 R 1200 GSW

Rally Rat
    Here's a sample of what you'd be competing with. A '18, virtually new, with quite a bit of warranty and well equipped. That bike listed for $23K+ a year ago.

https://www.kissellmotorsports.com/d...OwnedInventory

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Here's a sample of what you'd be competing with. A '18, virtually new, with quite a bit of warranty and well equipped. That bike listed for $23K+ a year ago.

That is a shame but for sure the reality of the market right now. I know it has forced me to keep my bike for a very long time as I will not take a financial bath again.

I want a 1250 and someday I may get one but it will not be for long time if ever.

I think the only way to make money on these bikes is ride them until they wear out.

Yes that 18 example is a sobering reminder of a new model release, and glut in the used market because of the new model.

I am not sure a 1200 will ever be worth what it was 6 month ago?
    Lee
    2017.5 R 1200 GSW

Quote Originally Posted by 35164 View Post
    What options are in the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Luxury & Premium Packages
    This means it has Headlight Pro, ShiftPro, Radio, Keyless, Radio, Ride Modes, Chrome Exhaust, Hill Start, GPS Prep, Dynamic ESA, Heated Seats & Bars, TPM, Central locking .... did I forget anything?

We won't talk about how I have modded it since (Ilyium, Clearwater)

Quote Originally Posted by acools View Post
    Luxury & Premium Packages
    This means it has Headlight Pro, ShiftPro, Radio, Keyless, Radio, Ride Modes, Chrome Exhaust, Hill Start, GPS Prep, Dynamic ESA, Heated Seats & Bars, TPM, Central locking .... did I forget anything?

We won't talk about how I have modded it since (Ilyium, Clearwater)
    Did it have the BMW auxillary lights? Even though you mentioned Clearwater, I thought i would check anyway. The 2019 model came with all you listed plus the LED auxillary (fog) lights, as the Select Package.

Thanks,
    William
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post

Once you start reading stuff like this, I wonder who's the intended buyer:

(A ventilation duct makes the head of the machine appear to float above the side trim panel to a certain extent. This combination of vehicle head and side trip panel highlights the light agility of the machine. The formally integrated front fender rounds off the dynamic vehicle concept in the front section. Integrated into the stretched Flyline are a comfort seat with low seat height and an ergonomically designed touring tank with distinctive knee grip area – for even more comfort.

The flowing interplay of the aerodynamically designed surfaces are reflected in the dynamism of the machine. Even the elegantly designed cases are a harmonious accompaniment to the consistent overall composition made of made up of surface and line styles. Here, it is clear from the first glance that the R 1200 RT promises relaxed long-distance suitability as well as dynamism. And it keeps this promise as well.)

Are we writing about a motorcycle?
    John Gamel
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    BMW CCA 2006 - Present; BMW MOA 2009-Present
    Walt Kelly: "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Quote Originally Posted by WWeldin View Post
    Did it have the BMW auxillary lights? Even though you mentioned Clearwater, I thought i would check anyway. The 2019 model came with all you listed plus the LED auxillary (fog) lights, as the Select Package.

Thanks,
    William
    No, sir. No BMW aux lights. It had a hybrid set of Denali lights on the engine crash bars. I added a set of Clearwater Ericas, and might remove the Denalis.

Be safe, Andres

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    Once you start reading stuff like this, I wonder who's the intended buyer:

(A ventilation duct makes the head of the machine appear to float above the side trim panel to a certain extent. This combination of vehicle head and side trip panel highlights the light agility of the machine. The formally integrated front fender rounds off the dynamic vehicle concept in the front section. Integrated into the stretched Flyline are a comfort seat with low seat height and an ergonomically designed touring tank with distinctive knee grip area for even more comfort.

The flowing interplay of the aerodynamically designed surfaces are reflected in the dynamism of the machine. Even the elegantly designed cases are a harmonious accompaniment to the consistent overall composition made of made up of surface and line styles. Here, it is clear from the first glance that the R 1200 RT promises relaxed long-distance suitability as well as dynamism. And it keeps this promise as well.)

Are we writing about a motorcycle?
    Thanks for my morning chuckle...