• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners Club

72r60/7

About January ‘18 was when I decided to support/join the Vintage Club.

It took a month plus to figure out that maybe I’m not a member. Try again. Maybe some more time passes and not sure if I’m a “Member” or not. April, I think. Even had offers from MOA Members to help. And they did.
Even got a call from the Club President to help me. Very nice person who went to college with a childhood friend of mine. Riding season and I’m not spending much time on a computer as I’m riding. (And wrenching). In the Fall I tried to “Log in” and unsuccessful as usual.

Read many pages on their forum for troubleshooting and what interested me personally. Tried to Log in to look at the market section. Gave up.

This January (‘19) I thought “ Hey, isn’t there supposed to be a Quarterly/ Bi-Annual print version of Club News. A week later I did get ONE.

Now don’t think for a minute that I didn’t contribute to the “First Year Member Mess”. I’m probably responsible for 51% or more. Even after writing down the “User Name and Password” , in the unsuccessful attempts I can’t remember which is which. Nothing works. Yes, I did change passwords several times in vain attempts and as suggested. I also realize that the club is all Volunteer.

All this is not worth the effort and I’ll certainly not renew, but may use an alias and join. Maybe they know me. Only one more try. I hate paying for frustration when there is so much free available. I would have sent this rant to the “Vintage” club but I have doubt as to anyone receiving it. I’m really not mad, just dissapointed.

The Antique Motorcycle Club of America is looking better and better.

Charlie

Charlie -

Sorry to hear of your issues. As you said, it's all volunteer. The magazine that has been produced lately is quite good from a production standpoint and covers some interesting topics. I submitted an article years ago. The last issue I got was February 2018...comments on the vintage website by the editor indicated he hoped to catch up. But as I understand it, he's running a full-time vintage motorcycle shop...hard to do two things at once.

I see your account information...I don't think you've posted anything that I can tell. I don't have super admin privileges but I can try and see what's going on with username and password. If you want me to look into it, you can PM your info. I monitor both sites so I would certainly "see" the issue. The webmaster has been otherwise pulled off on other things. The website/forum needs some work but it would need a complete overhaul, not just a tweak here or there. The webmaster wrote the software from scratch...not a generally available product.

I don't know anything about AMCA, but it might have more people involved. On the vintage site, I've been amazed at the people who have questions about pre-war machines and engines...designs that are way over my head. Of course, you don't have to be a paid member to continue to read and post (if we can work out the issues there)...you just wouldn't be able to see what's going on in the member area which has club discussions as well as the for sale/buy area. So, if things come to an end with the membership, hang around for the general discussions. With these older machines, it helps to have as many places to go for help. As I posted in another area, I got quite a bit of help from Germany on my petcock issue. It was appreciated.

Well, with Kurt’s help I was able to Log-in to the Vintage Club. Now that I’m back in, I’ll re-up because I want to support any Organization that I use. Especially one like this.

Having found myself as a new owner of a ’57 Twin, there is a wealth of information online from this Club. I have no idea how little knowledge I would possess without just reading on this Clubs site.

Disappointed has turned to relief and I’ll re-up for another year or until I do something stupid again.

Thanks again for you help Kurt.

Charlie

Back